Forum

Have you tried the *insert name* mouse?

Created 25th April 2011 @ 12:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Sketch

MM

cm storm is tacky as hell. has a sharp tacky feel to move it and generally feels badly made, shape and clicks are not too bad though.

xai is very solid, have one myself. is so comfy to use and have never found any issues with it. scroll wheel is very sturdy and clicks with similar pressure to m1 and m2 as to all the side buttons.

mx518 is probably worth a look. has nice clicks. is a bit nicer to use than the g5 imo, have owned both.

roccat kone i found to be a bit cumbersome and rather tall. but feels sturdy and is nice to play with.

that AoS mouse looks way to ott

fuo

iSlam
BUNCS

Should consider mx518.. yeah, it’s old as hell, but it’s also one of the most durable mice ever created (minus the cord contact dying after about 2 years). Not to mention it being cheap as chips!

The ticks on the mouse wheel are pretty loud, as well as it being almost exactly the same shape as the G5, so you won’t have any problem re-adjusting.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from Skyride

Why not just get another G5? Assuming it fits your needs atm, there’s no reason to get a different mouse. I know i’d definitely just get another deathadder if my mouse died.

Well like I said, i like it, but the mwheel button is bad. Also, I’m not happy with the fact that so many of them die due to the bad cable. Availability is also a problem.

Edit: Also, with both my G5’s the right click button has gotten slightly stuck, so it “doubleclicks”, feedbackwise.

Last edited by torden,

torden

broder
syster

Updated the main post.

I tried Ikari, liked most of it, but the thumb button was too easily clickable. Also, I prefer how the buttons on my G5 are tighter/sturdier. How is Xai compared to that?

insanity

Zowie EC1. Definitely.

I’ve had countless mice (Razer imperator, mx518, razer deathadder, Steelseries Xai, ….) and this is BY FAR the best mouse.

The mousewheel might not be the best (i liked the Xai’s the most) but everything else more than makes up for it. The thumb buttons are well placed and not too easy to press. (At least the 1st one.) Pressed the 2nd one quite a few times accidentally though.

The imperator had a really good shape, but its a bit too small imo.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from insanity

Zowie EC1. Definitely.

I’ve had countless mice (Razer imperator, mx518, razer deathadder, Steelseries Xai, ….) and this is BY FAR the best mouse.

The mousewheel might not be the best (i liked the Xai’s the most) but everything else more than makes up for it. The thumb buttons are well placed and not too easy to press. (At least the 1st one.) Pressed the 2nd one quite a few times accidentally though.

The imperator had a really good shape, but its a bit too small imo.

What didn’t you like about the Xai?

Genmix

bobs

Quoted from torden

Spike. Thanks, but that shit looks like a pretty big risk.

Genmix. That one looks interesting. Anyone have experiences with it’s durability?

Flushy: “Ake”?

http://reviewrelay.com/gaming-mouse/razer-imperator-review.htm

everything stated there is true,
the imperator sometimes randomly dies for no reason and needs to be replugged, thats a downside

insanity

Quoted from torden

[…]

What didn’t you like about the Xai?

Mainly, i didnt really like the very neutral shape, but i guess thats just personal preference. Its a very reliable mouse though. Ive used it for about 7 months and ive never had any problems with it. The xai prolly fits your needs the most.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

MX518 is a pretty decent mouse imo, I had a Razer Deathadder before it died, and before that I had a Microsoft IntelliMouse 3.0 (also very good).

So for the MX518

Pros:
– Incredibly good feel on a mousemat
– Nice grip
– Mousewheel lock is perfect for me, makes a click and holds it, never had a problem with it accidentally flicking up.

Now the only con that I have with this mouse is that it’s rather heavy, when I’m frantically picking up the mouse to look around it doesn’t feel that comfortable, with my old Deathadder it was a lot easier for me to do.

Also you talked about having easy to reach side buttons, imo the MX518’s are rather small, whereas they can be reached easily, they are small compared to ones on the MI3.0

Having said that the weight is a major downfall for me and I’ve been looking at the Zowie EC1 for a potential replacement, despite the weight it has still served me very well and I would recommend it, the weight thing is just a personal gripe of mine.

Also should mention the price and build quality, I paid about £18 for this, which is a very good amount especially as the build quality on the mouse is very good.

I also know someone who has had the orignial 1600 DPI version since they first came out without any problems.

Last edited by WARHURYEAH,

JackieBoy

LTG.

MX518.

BUT, you have to change the mouse skates ! Stock skates SUCK.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=microsoft+intellimouse+explorer+3.0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16068404050343843332&sa=X&ei=t9W1TaCKK8Ko8QOuyaDRAQ&ved=0CD4Q8wIwAg#

i have this mouse, ticks every box but man its fugly

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

Quoted from Atkins

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=microsoft+intellimouse+explorer+3.0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=16068404050343843332&sa=X&ei=t9W1TaCKK8Ko8QOuyaDRAQ&ved=0CD4Q8wIwAg#

i have this mouse, ticks every box

Wabbeh

Quoted from Atkins

i have this mouse, ticks every box but man its fugly

Except the scroll wheel, man its shit.

Setlet

I’ve had two MX528’s. They both got broken.

Don’t buy them :(

m-ex

v. existence

Quoted from torden

Ace of Sweden edge 3200 – Even uglier than the Coolermaster, but getting superb reviews (95% in PC Gamer).
-Concern: Is it solid? Will the ceramic feet glide well with my aluminium pad?

similar to gigabyte m6980

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »