Forum

stick with vista or go win7 + reformatting question

Created 18th April 2011 @ 18:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

dougiie

CotC

cheers for all the replies :)

I reckon I will go win7, probs 32bit – ive got 4gb ram so should be fine!

still a tad bit confused about the drivers and stuff, didnt think I would need to do that so cheers for the heads up :)

dauk

xp 64 still has sp2 and as I know microsoft stopped any modifications on it. You can get xp with 32 and sp3 and it will be much better. The only downsite for gaming on xp is if you want to play something like da2 then it doesn’t support anything beyond dx9

vlm

if you have a system with 3GB or more of memory and you are running a 32-bit Windows client, you may not be getting the benefit of all of the RAM. Rest is taken by remapped memory of devices such as video card, audio adapter, network card…
source: http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2008/07/21/3092070.aspx

iQue

keso

Quoted from dougiie

cheers for all the replies :)

I reckon I will go win7, probs 32bit – ive got 4gb ram so should be fine!

Go 64 bit while you’re at it – you will be able to use all your ram and there’s pretty much no incompatible hardware/software unless you use something really old. There’s no reason not to pretty much. :p

Why you would want to still use XP is beyond me, it works sure, but on newer hardware Win7 runs just as well. Dx11 is sweet for the games that support it ;)

Last edited by iQue,

compton

cvx|

lol what. 64bit “less stable” :D

aero snap is a good enough reason to upgrade to win7

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from iQue

[…]

Go 64 bit while you’re at it – you will be able to use all your ram and there’s pretty much no incompatible hardware/software unless you use something really old. There’s no reason not to pretty much. :p

oh fair enough! wasn’t sure if it could handle 64bit.. thanks :)

Swift

MAYOGURL
Poo

windows 7 64bit is the way to go. it is so much faster than vista for me anyways.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2