Massive connection issues (BT)

Created 29th March 2011 @ 22:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from LikeThis

[…]

Blazingly fast!

Up here in Cumbria we have faster sheep than our internet.

:D i get around 1.5mb in dumfries..

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from Edd

got 0.5mb internet :|

“no plans to upgrade your area”

you get nice pasta though

Edd

T2P

Quoted from Waebi

you get nice pasta though

back in UK m8

Last edited by Edd,

Dean

BT is just shit i normally reset my router by pin reset bit on the router it gets clogged up alot and lags.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from Skyride

When discussing ISPs, remember 2 things:

1) Most people say “oh yeah x is good and y is terrible” based on like, their own experience with the ISP and lmaybe a friend or 2. It’s not like they really know much more than you do, they just like to sound like they do.

2) Just because an ISP is terrible in one particular area, it doesn’t mean they are overall a bad ISP. I.e. BT and Virgin both have pretty great service where I live (based on what I know being “the computer guy” to an awful lot of people), and Sky – despite having great service once its up – are a nightmare to get installed.

Virgin’s cable technology is genuinely superior to every other ISP’s ADSL/ADSL2 system. They can both be very good or very bad, there’s a just a higher chance of it being very bad with DSL.

Anyways, getting that out the way, if you have a problem, phone them up and keep harassing them till its sorted. If you start talking about potentially canceling, you usually will get through to customer support.

p.s. the area I live in should be getting 100mbit fibre later this year. HA!

Im on BT Infinity atm… and from what I’ve heard about virgins fibre, BT sounds better. The upload on BT is better atleast but yeah… Congestion in our area makes a 30/15 Connection go to about 15/8. :p

AnimaL

fibre at 8mbit

rofl

Last edited by AnimaL,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Quoted from AnimaL

fibre at 8mbit

rofl

First of all its FTTC so it’s not full on fibre. Secondly, the 8Mb is the upload speed you tard :p. But yeah even 15Mb could be seen as measly as good ASDL2 services get that fine. It’s really hit and miss dependant on congestion. I think the best it’s been was 34/8.

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from Edd

got 0.5mb internet :|

“no plans to upgrade your area”

lmao, 500 kb/s for me would be a miracle

i average 50 kb/s, used to get 15 kb/s with bt and 35 with vm

byte

Been with BT for 8 years, absolutely fine, 20mb down 1mb upload (yes its Britain fail etc…)

Never been capped nor restricted never any lags. Does help mind that I pay the most expensive package (£41 which includes line rental). Also helps that I don’t torrent or download films =)

A lil piece of advice get your own router (a decent one Belkin) and you won’t need to use their cheap Taiwanese router that costs £19.99 makes all the difference.

Anyways BT are just fine for me, ping’s of (via cmd prompt)

19ms – UK
22ms – NL
39ms – .fi
US chicago servers around 100ms kinda epic =)

Same with anything in life, spend enough money on a package and it’ll be (usually) consistent, reliable and worthy of the price. If for £15 you expect to get the speed you asked for without any downsides think again. Nothing in this life comes for free except your death =)

So basically what Skyride said + pay the right amount you will get a good connection general *excluding the odd exception* i.e. your telephone line is made out of paper.

Cheers

Byte

Mike

TEZC

10mb download speed internet, 20 ping to uk about 5 ping higher to nl and 110 to chicago, 120 to dallas :D

Hat

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1236403133.png

lol

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3