Forum

new screen 120 hz

Created 8th February 2011 @ 18:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1

xiuxiu

[{ORAL}]

Hi!
i’dlike to buy a new monitor, should be 120hz and also not more than 24″ and as cheap as possible.

if anyone knows a good one without any major flaws, please recommend :D

wat

16:10, 16:9 or even 4:3/5:4?
Reaction time?
Panel?
Money willing to spend?

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

BenQ!

AnimaL

alienware

Flippy

LEGO
DA!

Samsung 2233 Rz

xiuxiu

[{ORAL}]

16:10, 16:9 or even 4:3/5:4?
Reaction time?
Panel?
Money willing to spend?

ah thanks for this, forgot it. the aspect ratio, tbh i dont know, rather something like 16:10 or 16:9. and reaction time? no idea man :D im reading 2ms everywhere, so i guess its the standard, right? and with panel, sorry, no idea what it means in this context. and yeah, about money, i guess i could go up to 250€ i think, 300€ is absolute max, but would prefer something along the lines of 200€.
ah and btw, no 3D needed (i dont think anyone competetive here uses it anyway :D)

Sketch

MM

the benq monitor is awesome. colour isn’t best though

sajh

[j]\\\'
[j]'

bought my Samsung 2233 Rz a year ago or so (cant remember exactly) and i have been very satisfied with this one, might be newer/better ones on the market now though. But should be at a reasonably fair price nowadays.

was a great upgrade from my older flatscreened monitor which was an abbomination to play at after 9 years using crt for fps:)

>

G\'n\'H
eyes

Samsung 2233 Rz

M0re

I’m really intrested about the new benq (XL2410T) and would like to see input lag test compared to crt or viewsonic similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqPUKUwGCYM

or any one here with some feedback from it?

Last edited by M0re,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I think the viewsonic w2268v is the cheapest 120hz lcd? And it’s better than the samsung in most tests anyway so I’d go with it, unless it being 22″ is a problem.

reactioN

acer gd245hq or the benq one theyre both pretty bo$$ and let you play any resolution with 120 hz

Septique

Theres also LG’s 23″ 120hz screen and I believe its around 350eur(atleast in Finland) and what I’ve heard so far, it should be good.

edit: Didn’t notice you had a budget of 300eur. But atleast another option if you decide to extend your budget.

Last edited by Septique,

I use the Acer GD245HQ and 120HZ is only possible when:

– using the native resolution of 1920×1080 or
– playing in window mode

Additonally 120Hz only works with a dual link DVI cable. So, goodbye to any KVM switches ;-)

For me the Acer is great when playing TF2 because I play in window mode always. Otherwise please make sure that your hardware is capable of playing games at 1920×1080!

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I dont think any of the 120hz screens are capable of true 120hz on anything but native resolutions. Usually non-native 120hz is achieved by gpu scaling. Haven’t been keeping up with the new screens tho, but I’d imagine the same limitation is still there.

Add A Reply Pages: 1