TF2 match server chrashes

Created 11th January 2011 @ 17:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from ashkan

Since the TF2 devs haven’t heard about it and I have yet to hear about any problems on public servers …

Yes, this is strange although I recently noticed some heavy lags on several public servers as well (no crashes or timeouts though)

Waebi

‹Con›

anyone checked if it happened with/without white/blacklists enabled?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

no whitelist here, crashes

nixnuz

gesicht!

any1 tested this ?

http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=9

dave

TIDS
TSGHUH

1. claiming this to be a dos-attack is ridiculous. the required resources to be able to “spam” this many servers every ~20 minutes is way to high. even more: it started happening right after the patch before the last. this being a coincidence is possible, but unlikely.
2. it seems like the issue does not occur on public servers – or very rarely, i haven’t heard of one pub with this. So it can be assumed it is related to one of the etf2l config settings.
3. it is strange that valve did not know about this until you contacted robin – we’ve tried like 4 servers in a row from different hosters all around europe, everyone showing the same symptoms. so from my point of view 100% of all match servers are bugged atm.
4. they will fix it and probably very soon. the whole etf2l is on hold until this is resolved… who would want to play a match under these circumstances.
5. hopefully valve will tell us what the problem was, as i am quite curious.

___ bottom line
– stop calling/whining dos.
– be patient, it will be fixed.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from dave

2. it seems like the issue does not occur on public servers – or very rarely, i haven’t heard of one pub with this. So it can be assumed it is related to one of the etf2l config settings.
3. it is strange that valve did not know about this until you contacted robin – we’ve tried like 4 servers in a row from different hosters all around europe, everyone showing the same symptoms. so from my point of view 100% of all match servers are bugged atm.

From my point of view those two arguments are silly. Apart from desired FPS match and pub server are indistinguishable. If it’s an issue on Valve’s side, they’d have had to experiment with code related to overall performance, am I right? With sudden lag before ‘crash’ it has to be a performance issue, not just some feature bug. This problem happened to me once too, yet when I reconnected to the server, people were still timing out from it, so I’d call it a network issue.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from nixnuz

any1 tested this ?

http://www.sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=9

+1, anyone?

Waebi

‹Con›

of course pubs and match servers are the same, but not cvar-wise. It’s not stupid to imagine it being a setting being used on “most” (all?) match servers and “a few” publics then.

AnimaL

Quoted from dave

___ bottom line
– stop calling/whining dos.
– be patient, it will be fixed.

lolbad

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Quoted from Waebi

of course pubs and match servers are the same, but not cvar-wise. It’s not stupid to imagine it being a setting being used on “most” (all?) match servers and “a few” publics then.

Hopefully, 9m’s server will be fine again tongiht, then we can probably get somewhere closer with this. We ran ETF2L cfg and other settings as same (iirc), apart from the -nomaster and +hide_server 1 so assuming it’s fine, then the settings themselves aren’t likely to be a problem. We did ponder about what tags appear on the server filtering though, whether there’s selection by that or so. We ran a map with STV client on and one without it, both were fine whilst still not on the master list/hidden.

If we just got lucky and it crashes tonight, then lolfail.

Last edited by Nymthae,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

//mode $me +x

humbug

.:ne:.

no issues here with any nervousenergy servers, both the ones we run for us and the ones we rent (well as far as i know as no one has mentioned anything to me). We did have an issue on one of our match servers though but assumed it was someone being annoying, changed the port number and not a problem since

we’re on a mix of windows (2 boxes)and linux (1 box) and our dedi’s are colocated with killercreation.

edit – : you watch now i’ve posted this ALL our servers will fubar :/

Last edited by humbug,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Agreed on the nervousENERGY servers. The only issues i’ve had is potential attacks. Spoke to humbug about it and he kindly switched the IP’s over for me, no problems since then.

Reload

BiG
BiG

already posted :o

Last edited by Reload,

eXtreaL

The exact same problem is occuring on my Multiplay server here, thank god i’m not the only one. When I just play turris on my server with someone else, the server doesn’t crash but as soon as we get 12 on the server and start playing it crashes after 10-15 minutes. I already sent a support ticket to multiplay about this problem, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »