Forum

MGE lag issue (Nervous Energy Server)

Created 5th January 2011 @ 15:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

I get lag on the Nervous energy server as if my fps was wobbling between 200 and 4, about a freeze every few seconds. In addition my fps sometimes changes between two distinct values for a short period or wobbles between the two. Like 200, 117 for 4 seconds, back and forth a bit with one second intervals and then up again. It doesn’t show any value inbetween. I’ve had my opponent complain about massive lags when I had no issues throughout the whole duel and vice versa. This only occurs at this very server when relatively full. I thought the server couldn’t keep up, but with this strange behavior, I wonder if it’s not something with the MGE plugin.

Does anyone else have these issues, and if so, where?

Note: This is the only 20 slot MGE I know of, all others have 10. Might be of importance if there is a correlation to player count.

Last edited by ell,

Skyride

DUCS

I can’t see this being to do with the MGE plugin itself, I’ll go give the NE and MGE guys a nudge about this thread though. :)

ups

Excuses

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Thought it was just me as no one of my mates has ever complained about those, but I gotta admit hitreg on that server sometimes is awful indeed.

Crunchy

Not heard anything from anyone else, but i’ll get one of the guys to have a look at it for you

octochris

(0v0)

It is highly unlikely that a server would affect clientside fps to that degree.

humbug

.:ne:.

has this been since the last few updates or?

i’ve had a look at this and _think_ i’ve resolved the issue.

Please post here if not and i’ll have another look

Last edited by humbug,

ih

oh, btw, why is spec in floor view??

Skully

I do notice the server lags a little with more people in. However Ive never noticed real lag problems myself due to the server

I think the spec goes into the floor because of a MGE bug itself, notice it only goes to floor after you have played an area and then left it to go to spec/waiting

maybe the server needs a refresh? I could do with resetting my 1400 :P

Last edited by Skully,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from humbug

has this been since the last few updates or?

i’ve had a look at this and _think_ i’ve resolved the issue.

Please post here if not and i’ll have another look

Cheers. I won’t be able to test it thoroughly in next few days, but I’ll let you know soon enough.

I think I’ve had the problem for at least two months, but it seems to have become more frequent recently.

Last edited by ell,

Spike Himself

TC

I’ve been experiencing these freezes last night as well. Happens around every 2 minutes or so. Didn’t get this during our matches a few hours before that so I’m pretty sure it’s not my connection. It was however the first and only time I’ve had this on your mge server so it might have been sheer coincidence.

humbug

.:ne:.

thx for the feedback guys it helps us a lot to keep our servers decent.

After your feedback Spike i’ve made another adjustment as it might of been a memory issue so i’ve made it so the box now has 1GB of free mem. CPU has never gone above 46% so im hoping it was just that memory issue. I’ve moved some of the newer services that were running on that box to one of our others.

Hopefully that should sort it!

Last edited by humbug,

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

Quoted from ih

oh, btw, why is spec in floor view??

This. Spec is right when you join the server but when you get in to the game and lose, you go back to the spec and you are inside the ground. Is this fixable ?

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Seems to have done it. I’ve played a good few hours on the server recently with no problems whatsever.

Add A Reply Pages: 1