Forum

PLDX Recording Tool Problem

Created 9th September 2010 @ 22:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1

daf

yoyotech
Hey dats!

Hi there,

This is my last attempt at fixing this before throwing my computer out of the window.

Basically, I downloaded PLDX Recording Tool to make a short clip. Everything worked out fine with the clip but when I exited and restarted TF2 normally, all the graphics looked alot prettier than they were before and everything was alot smoother.

This was fine until I noticed that I had a lot of input lag or something of that nature. Basically feels like vsync is on or my interp is really high(which of course it isnt). My mouse used to feel so “free” and fast, now it feels restricted and slow reacting – I’m guessing because of some settings left behind. My fps also seems to have dropped due to the same reason.

What I have tried:

Reinstalled TF2
Reformatted
Tried a different mouse
Used a different graphics card
Memory Test
Different configs
-autoconfig
Tried TF2 on a different steam account

My TF2 is back to looking the way it did now but the mouse lag/whatever it is remains.

It’s a long shot but can anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Phrozen

?

I’m an idiot so this suggestion is probably going to sound really stupid to all you masterminds but did you check your in-game sensitivity, your windows multiplier etc etc things to do with mouse.

dannye

cb.

Quoted from Phrozen

I’m an idiot

you’re right.

Anyway, did you tried it already on different game?

Last edited by dannye,

kuma

It seems you’ve tried everything and probably the below, but just in case:

A few more questions:
– Is it slow on any particular axis (x or y)?
– Do you get the same problem for other games? What about source games? Or is it only in TF2?
– Possibly the update changed something as well, have you tried an older offline version of TF2?
– Did you crash while the PLDX recording tool was running? This fucked up my TF2 once.
– What is the memory/power/cpu usage of your computer while TF2 is running?
– Have you deleted/uninstalled PLDX tool?

But without knowing any of this, here are some suggestions I can think of:
– Is your mouse dpi the same as before? Have you tried changing it?
– Is your in-game resolution definitely the same as before? Try changing it around.
– Have you turned off mouse smoothing?
– Have you replaced the no mouse accel commands in launch options? Are you sure it is on/off?
– Have you checked your mouse driver profiles to make sure it doesn’t have strange settings for TF2?
– Have you updated/re-installed mouse drivers?
– Have you tried a different mousepad?
– Have you checked for dust/broken parts in both mice you tried?
– Are you sure you deleted every and all configs in your tf folder? Have you disabled steam cloud before re-installing/formatting?
– Is vsync set to off on your graphics card software as well?
– Have you tried slotting the mouse into different USB slots? Have you tried a PS/2 mouse?
– Have you tried re-installing your USB drivers?
– Have you tried the newest OFFICIAL video drivers? Have you tried older ones? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8180971&postcount=59

Last edited by kuma,

tesco

mrp.

do you have -high in your launch parameters?

Last edited by tesco,

Add A Reply Pages: 1