Forum

Mumble voice chat - is this allowed?

Created 23rd August 2010 @ 02:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

ryukafalz

TMCT

I’ve used this one voice chat application called Mumble for a while now, and I’ve found it works really well for me… but as far as tournaments go, there is one thing that I’m a bit concerned about. It uses a plugin to link with games and provide positional audio. Details here:

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Positional-Audio

My question is… given that it does use a plugin to link with the game, is it allowed? Keep in mind that aside from the positional audio it doesn’t affect gameplay in any way.

Last edited by ryukafalz,

.____________.

Yes.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

I didnt even know/recognize Mumble does that ^^
On a sidenote, I would guess 90% of the european TF2 scene is using Mumble, therefore no problem. :)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Pretty much every 6v6 team uses Mumble….so yes

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

My team just switched to Mumble from Ventrilo as well, and I was wondering about this. Thanks for asking OP and thanks for the answers other guys ;)

Last edited by Lynn,

AnimaL

what if you are dead? :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

You can’t talk on mumble when you’re dead Animal thats CHEATING.

AnimaL

Quoted from Tapley ❤

You can’t talk on mumble when you’re dead Animal thats CHEATING.

but isnt that unfair advantage to the ppl who use mmbl without the plugin then

Last edited by AnimaL,

pala4

Quoted from AnimaL

what if you are dead? :D

tf_teamtalk 1

Light

amg

I think, if you’re dead, your mates will hear you either from above or below, depending how many opponents you killed and how many mates died because of your wrong actions :-)

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

that would be freaky if u heard them from below…. last thing i want to here when i’m playing a match is the sound of some guy doing something under my desk :S

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Nagash

that would be freaky if u heard them from below…. last thing i want to here when i’m playing a match is the sound of some guy doing something under my desk :S

I would join a all-female clan. And…. just listnen to the lovely voices from below. Any recruitments?

pukz

Quoted from Andee

[…]

I would join a all-female clan. And…. just listnen to the lovely voices from below. Any recruitments?

LOLOL

TF2 and GURLS? OMG that would be well winnor

/me giggles.

Spike Himself

TC

This is more a disadvantage than it is an advantage. Why would you want comms from players ‘far away’ from you to be less loud and/or clear?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]but isnt that unfair advantage to the ppl who use mmbl without the plugin then

No it just makes people who use the plugin a bit dumb.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »