Forum

My country is not available for selection.

Created 14th August 2010 @ 17:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

The Almighty Bear

EKBO

Hello chaps. Recently I have created a team to participate in the highlander competition. However, when setting up my account, I found out that China ( or Hong Kong for that matter ), my country is not available for selection.

Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of China and operates almost independently. We do not have internet censorship and have all the internet freedom as everyone else does.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong

I have chosen Europe as my country for now. I would really appreciate it if you would add in Hong Kong into the selection and change my country to Hong Kong.

P.S. When I join EU servers, I only get around 200 ping which I am accustomed to as I play with my mates in EU a lot.

Last edited by The Almighty Bear,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Chose the UNO flag instead? That’s what most asians do on this page, I guess…

The Almighty Bear

EKBO

If that doesn’t affect the match in any way or the rewards for that matter I have no problem with this. I just need a confirmation.
Yes, I am that paranoid.

CatR

EKBO

Add more countries to the list, this is just letting our foreign friends feel left out.

Imperium

Quoted from CatR

Add more countries to the list, this is just letting our foreign friends feel left out.

It’s a european league, you shouldn’t expect it to cater to the entire world. Allowing you to play is cool and all, but don’t expect everything :P.

And your country flag has no affect on anything to do with rewards etc.

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

Just make Asia Flag, America Flag, Africa and you are done :P

The Almighty Bear

EKBO

I understand that it is an European league. There is Australia and other places not in Europe on the countries list, yet why does Hong Kong not have a place?

Edit: If it doesn’t affect anything, then I guess it’s not really important. CASE DISMISSED.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Use GB? We owned you for long enough :D

The Almighty Bear

EKBO

Yeah, and China is now a superpower, Britain is not.

Oops, thread derailed.

Genmix

bobs

nationalistic much?

Stew

Quoted from Nigh

I am kinda curious about how all of this is gonna work…

Why dont you, dear Mr.Nightbox show us how it should look ?

Last edited by Stew,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from The Almighty Bear

Yeah, and China is now a superpower, Britain is not.

Don’t worry, he was just joking, slightly racist jokes are pretty much common-place here since theres such a wide range of nationalities that it doesn’t really offend anyone. :)

Quoted from Nigh

Why don’t you just use a european flag for all the romanian teams? :D

Quoted from The Almighty Bear

I understand that it is an European league. There is Australia and other places not in Europe on the countries list, yet why does Hong Kong not have a place?

As this is a european league, the only countries we’ve had to worry about previously were, strangely enough, european countries, plus some other nationalities that also have an active TF2 scene as players from those may sign up here to discuss things. Now with the highlander league, we’ve got players from literally all 4 corners of the earth signing up, so it’ll take a while for people to sort things out. :)

Pendji

Welcome to the EUROPEAN TEAM FORTRESS 2 LEAGUE.

Si^

T2P
[PG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Mailbawx

Last time I checked there wasn’t a cypriot flag either.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »