Forum

Where's the low-ammo flashing animation? :O

Created 11th July 2010 @ 14:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1

broesel

LAME

Yo,

I just wanted to update my HUD because I’ve been lazy lately and cba to integrate new features like the ammo flash, but now with the engie update I finally decided to update it :D

But then, when I copied the ammo flash thingy from the gcf’s HudAnimations_tf.txt in my file, customized the animation paramters a little bit and then started TF2, it – guess what. YEAH IT DIDNT WORK.

When I wanted to try the standard HUD to see if it works at least there, it wasn’t here either :(

EVEN AFTER I STARTED TF2 WITH THIS:

• deleted tf folder
• deactivated Steam Cloud Sync
• -dxlevel 98 (instead of 80)
• -autoconfig

IT DIDNT WORK.

So, to stop my infinite rage, please tell me what I should do to get this working :(

P.S.: Even when you have no clue wtf I’m even talking about / can’t help me, pls post here if your low-ammo flashing animation works or not, and whether you use a custom HUD or not. Thanks.

Last edited by broesel,

compton

cvx|

using communitytf2hud, it works

broesel

LAME

Thanks, will try that HUD now, if it works there I’m just gonna steal it from there :D

broesel

LAME

omg, doesn’t work with community hud either :(

RaCio

GoT²

You could try deleting your resource folder before installing commHUD

broesel

LAME

Quoted from RaCio

You could try deleting your resource folder before installing commHUD

Quoted from broesel

EVEN AFTER I STARTED TF2 WITH THIS:

• deleted tf folder

IT DIDNT WORK.

Did that again before installing Commhud :(

Last edited by broesel,

Monkeh

.:ne:.

I deleted my resource and scripts folder, then got them out of my Comm HUD zip file and replaced them and it all works fine and dandy. Try replacing your scripts folder? IDK, but it works fine for me using the Comm HUD, which rocks btw.

Last edited by Monkeh,

eoN^

Quoted from Monkeh

I deleted my resource and scripts folder, then got them out of my Comm HUD zip file and replaced them and it all works fine and dandy. Try replacing your scripts folder? IDK, but it works fine for me using the Comm HUD, which rocks btw.

Dude… Open up C:Program Files (x86)Steamsteamapps-username-team fortress 2

And you see that folder called “tf”. Yeah the one that contains the scripts folder, the resource folder and cfg folder and every other folder that I can think of that stores your ingame settings. Now look back and look at what they are all in. Now reread what you posted.

Up

From my tf/scripts/HudAnimations_tf.txt (CommHUD):

event HudLowAmmoPulse
{
Animate AmmoInClipShadow Fgcolor "Black" Linear 0.0 0.075
Animate AmmoInClipShadow Fgcolor "255 0 0 255" Linear 0.125 0.075

Animate AmmoInReserveShadow Fgcolor "Black" Linear 0.0 0.075
Animate AmmoInReserveShadow Fgcolor "255 0 0 255" Linear 0.125 0.075

Animate AmmoNoClipShadow Fgcolor "Black" Linear 0.0 0.075
Animate AmmoNoClipShadow Fgcolor "255 0 0 255" Linear 0.125 0.075

RunEvent HudLowAmmoPulseLoop 0.25
}

// call to loop HudLowAmmoPulse
event HudLowAmmoPulseLoop
{
RunEvent HudLowAmmoPulse 0.0
}

event HudLowAmmoPulseStop
{
Animate AmmoInClipShadow Fgcolor "Black" Linear 0.0 0.001
Animate AmmoInReserveShadow Fgcolor "Black" Linear 0.0 0.001
Animate AmmoNoClipShadow Fgcolor "Black" Linear 0.0 0.001
StopEvent HudLowAmmoPulse 0.0
StopEvent HudLowAmmoPulseLoop 0.0
}

If you ensure that’s in your file too, it should work. No idea why it wouldn’t be though.

Last edited by Up,

Monkeh

Quoted from eoN^

Now look back and look at what they are all in. Now reread what you posted.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at mate, sorry. Every update, both major and minor, seems to break my Comm Hud so I have learned to keep the un zipped files in my tf folder, I just deleted my resource and scripts folders, unzipped the original files to my desktop and then slotted them back home to the tf folder.

I had the same problem with the ammo flash thingy being broken as well as no colour around my health so I didn’t know what side I was on.

Both fixed by the above routine. Did I do something stoopid?

Last edited by Monkeh,

eoN^

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

I’m not sure what you’re getting at mate, sorry. Every update, both major and minor, seems to break my Comm Hud so I have learned to keep the un zipped files in my tf folder, I just deleted my resource and scripts folders, unzipped the original files to my desktop and then slotted them back home to the tf folder.

I had the same problem with the ammo flash thingy being broken as well as no colour around my health so I didn’t know what side I was on.

Both fixed by the above routine. Did I do something stoopid?

Read the very first bullet point on the first post in this thread.

Monkeh

Bah-da-boom-bah-da-bing!

OK, I see. I was just posting what worked for me. Ofc I phail, we all know this!

h0stage

Where’s the low-ammo flashing animation? :O

HudAmmoWeapons.res -> “HudWeaponLowAmmoImage”
there you can change normal pic to something like this)) [invalid URL]http://h0stage.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/cp_obscure_final0000.jpg[invalid URL]

Last edited by h0stage,

broesel

LAME

An integrity check of the gcf files fixed it for me…

But shouldn’t Steam do that automatically from time to time? :/

Seems like I did *something* wrong when messing around with GCF-Scape :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1