Forum

Mouse Tracking Problems

Created 28th June 2010 @ 17:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Cobby

-9m-

I noticed while playing TF2 that sometimes that when doing a 360 degree turn, it wasn’t always taking the same distance on the mousepad. Now I am sure I don’t have mouse accel, so I downloaded a program that shows you your mouse’s input compared to what Windows does with this mouse data.

In Windows, both columns show exactly the same values, meaning that the middle column is black (ie mouse movement = windows movement)

However, when I load up TF2 and run the program, it shows a large difference in mouse movement and TF2 movement

Below is the picture of the output of this program:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3452/mousepoo.gif
Is it just a problem with the program or should I actually be concernd?

Also, this is the link to the program, and the fix I have applied:
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

My mouse settings:
Windows 7
Razer Lachesis mouse
Razer Goliathus mousemat
Mouse Sens = 2000dpi
Window’s Sens = default
TF2 Sens = 0.45
TF2 played in windowd mode with dual monitors
Launch Options: -noforcemspd -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -novid -high -dxlevel 95 -w 1680 -h 1050 -noborder -windowed

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Last edited by Cobby,

quad

Had a lachesis once.. it only worked on Razer Destructor mat, anything else was terribad

But those mouse recorder “errors” is software somehow.

more edit:
MarkC is a terrible fix.. get cpl mousefix instead:
http://www.fpsbanana.com/tools/717

Last edited by quad,

Cobby

-9m-

I would think it’s the mouse, but it’s fine in Windows, with exact tracking. It’s only when I load up TF2 that it starts messing up

The only reason I used that fix is that it’s the only one I could find for Windows 7

Chux

guru
,(s),

Well it depends how fast you swing it roud, but you may be experiencing negative aceleration.

I get the same thing on my MX518, but only at exeteme speed though.

Sketch

MM

razer mouse + cloth pad = bad tracking

not always the case but i always found all my problems went away when i used either the desk or a plastic mouspad

quad

Quoted from Cobby

I would think it’s the mouse, but it’s fine in Windows, with exact tracking. It’s only when I load up TF2 that it starts messing up

The only reason I used that fix is that it’s the only one I could find for Windows 7

cpl mousefix works on every os, markC is just a big fuck up.

I dunno, but if its only in tf2 that the mouse recorder fucks up, then you should prolly look at your m_mouseaccel commands(I know that you got launch options, but still)

Last edited by quad,

Side|Effect

2ne1
[PG]

Mark C:

“I suspected MMR is sometimes not very useful for recording movement while some games are running, and Counter-Strike seems to be one of those games.

The MMR ‘problem’ is that Counter-Strike is continually reseting the pointer position to the centre of the display or window (except when in the console!).
It does this to stop the pointer going off one of the edges, and being stopped by the edge.
You can see this in code for Quake 2: http://www.drdobbs.com/database/184410376#l4 (see listing 4 at the botttom).

But MMR calculates the CURSOR MOVEMENT column by taking the difference between the current pointer position and the last position (I’m not sure why this mostly reports small unrelated number (rather than 0 x 0)).
Sometimes MMR gets TWO reads of the mouse in a row without CS resetting the pointer in between, and reports correct numbers.”

Last edited by Side|Effect,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sketch

razer mouse + cloth pad = bad tracking

not always the case but i always found all my problems went away when i used either the desk or a plastic mouspad

Same.

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Try cheesefix, I’m not sure if it will work with windows 7 or not though, to me it “seems” like it might be a windows 7 issue, I played on a friends computer and I swear I could feel quite a bit of accel even with certain fixes on, I’ll have a look for some information regarding a fix in a minute and edit my post accordingly.

edit: Apparantly I was right(ish) and some people struggle to get rid of it, though Cheesemfix is ment to do a good job of it even on 64bit

Use the one related to your resoloutions (lolspelling) refresh rate (I assume your not running at like 160hz though if you are try the cplmodified as I don’t know the situation with refresh rates which aren’t included)

see here: http://heka.mekre.ee/mouse/cheesemfix.zip

also this (Which I take no responsibility for as I’m not a windows 7 user):

“Hey all!

I’ve found a way to control mouse acceleration in windows 7. It does not completely removes the accel but u can change the setting.

Go to Control Panel>>Ease of Access>>Ease of Access Center
Now click “Make the mouse easier to use” option. Under “Control the mouse with keyboard” section, you can see a button named “Set up Mouse Keys”. Click it. There you can see a section called “Pointer Speed” where there are two sliders for ‘Top Speed’ and ‘Acceleration’. Adjust both of them to your liking. If you keep accel slider to slow, you will notice heavy mouse accel whereas if you set it at fast, it pretty much feels like no accel.

For me, both sliders to extreme left (high and fast) together with 1000Hz polling rate seems comfortable but its all up to you and your liking.

Again i wud like to tell that it wont remove the accel at all. It just decreases the accel. Play with these settings to get the right feeling until someone posts a way to completely remove this mouse accel.

Have fuN!”

Also you could try MarkC’s its for windows 7 but seems a bit meh, most people who have had trouble says its worked though

Last edited by Jims,

Cloud

.wldcrd!

The one you’ve quoted there is for if you’re using the numpad to control the mouse cursor, won’t change a thing, especially since next to everyone has it turned off or doesn’t even know about it :P

I tried the cheesefix and the cpl fix and they didn’t work, then applied MarkC fix and it did…. though on a previous install, MarkC didn’t. (I didn’t even realise the other fixes hadn’t worked until I used that program, gonna have to get used to non-accel again, wont take long :P)

Now I haven’t looked into what registry values get changed by these, nor can I be bothered to, but maybe a combination of them will work?

Oh, and bear in mind if you hit the edge of the screen that program will just output constant green bars because you cannae take your cursor offscreen! :)

–Edit

Also what Side Effect said, aaaaaaaaaaand necropost? Flail.

Last edited by Cloud,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

With abyssus and salmosa I got severe negative acceleration with the combination high dpi – high driver sens – low in game sens. Lower your sens in the razer control panel and raise your sens in game to 2 something or lower your dpi.

Last edited by ell,

Psyche

had the problem on windows 7 with both my lachesis and now my deathadder…had HUGE negative acceleration and it became unplayable.

My fix: Switch to XP again.

Works just fine. Shame I have to resort to this though. So your saying you just used another “mouse fix”?

Last edited by Psyche,

Iller

tGa

This does not seem to be a problem that Windows 7 is causing all by itself.
I use Windows 7 (home edition 64 bit) and do not have any problems with negative acceleration (sure, I get some if I move the mouse very far very fast, but it does not affect me under normal gameplay. On the other hand I am not a low sens player.).
Im using a cloth pad (Mionix Alioth 400) and a laser mouse (Mionix Naos 5000).

Have you used all the common commands in the autoexec.cfg to turn off mouse acceleration ? :

m_customaccel "0"
m_customaccel_scale "0.00"
m_customaccel_max "0"
m_filter "0"
m_mouseaccel1 "0"
m_mouseaccel2 "0"
m_customaccel_exponent "0"

However, this is only affecting positive acceleration I guess.

Negative acceleration is more of a problem of the mouse and it’s tracking capabilities.
However, since most mice works fine in Windows the situation seems to be a bit more complex. It’s like tf2 prefer some mice and not others and punish them by making them worse than they actually are…

Last edited by Iller,

Ino

dp.
dp.

I use the Mionix NAOS 5000 and the MarcC fix too, gives me 0 accel. And I am a very low sens gamer, like 50cm/180°. With this combo I don’t even get negative accel in BC2, and so many people complain about negative accel there, I guess it must be the mouse doing sth right with the drivers.

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Sorry, forgot to mention I’m using a Roccat Kone (2nd hardware gen I believe, not sure if there are more revisions) with their bundled drivers.

To clarify, also have no acceleration (positive or negative) ingame after applying my fixes (Cheese + Mark C combined), but then I play with a relatively high sens, 2400dpi and 1 sens ingame… comes out to like 10cm/180 degree turn.

Add A Reply Pages: 1