Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

ups

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]-1

ping is almost never the issue, its the loss/choke/rates

this

Tikcus

Quoted from Rake

I might be headshotted before I can even see the opponent coming around the corner and such.

probably the other way round, you would get headshoted as you went behind the corner, not before you saw them

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking

Linus

[d¿s]

as far as i know the high pinger will always be the one with disadvantage. but dont quote me on that.

anyway, personally, i find tf2 perfectly playable upto ~100 ping with projectile classes. Scout’s fine at even higher ping.

m4tu

Quoted from Linus

as far as i know the high pinger will always be the one with disadvantage. but dont quote me on that.

hz

I have gathered 6 players. Maybe any team or team(s) can play with us for testing purposes? Please!

I have a server @ multiplay where we can conduct the trial matches. Come on! Give us a shot. :P

Last edited by hz,

Spary

Quoted from Linus

as far as i know the high pinger will always be the one with disadvantage.

It’s true.

Mailbawx

Quoted from n00ne

european tf2 league, the name speaks for itself. If you’re not european, then this league is not for you – leave. If you are european, well then your ping cant possibly be more than 150.

Yes it can. Look at a map of Europe. I live in Greece and often get about 100 ping to finnish servers. An old clanmate of mine lived in Cyprus and had a consistent ~150 ping and never had any problems, neither did anyone complain about it.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from n00ne

european tf2 league, the name speaks for itself. If you’re not european, then this league is not for you – leave. If you are european, well then your ping cant possibly be more than 150.

If you think geographical location is the only thing that can influence ping you obviously have no idea what you’re talking about.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from n00ne

if you are european, well then your ping cant possibly be more than 150.

lol

Arthur

WM

Can I just point out, that high ping doesn’t automatically mean warping. Warping occurs due to packet loss, I have played with rage he doesn’t warp at all, infact he has less packet loss than me on UK servers, and I live in the UK.

A player with over a thousand ping, can move totally smooth to other players. But with enough packet loss, someone on lan can move around in ten meter jumps.

Quoted from Arthur

Can I just point out, that high ping doesn’t automatically mean warping. Warping occurs due to packet loss, I have played with rage he doesn’t warp at all, infact he has less packet loss than me on UK servers, and I live in the UK.

A player with over a thousand ping, can move totally smooth to other players. But with enough packet loss, someone on lan can move around in ten meter jumps.

Quoting mahself for an example:

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

As an example of this:

I used to play on the internode servers without teleporting or anything indicating my ping was 400-450 other than blatant killing-around-the-corner shots (hitreg on me and on others etc was all fine).

I am against a catch-all rule. Should be looked at on a case-to-case basis.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

noway you are really complaining about that
i play from Egypt, ye camels and shit, and same does most of my team mates, we played 2 seasons, and iam playing at bball cup atm, we ping from 60 (best isps here) to 200, and no opponent, ever, complained about wraping and bs, cuz wraping is due to bad connection not to ping
even if iam playing from eu, sometimes isps fk up or your little 6 years old brother downloading ****, so you’ll simply get kicked during the match?

also, high ping gives a massive disadvantage for the high pinger, and really minor disadvantage for the opponent, cuz when its ~150+ it even affects mouse movement and strafing, thats based on my 3 years playing that game on both pings

ps: what are you gonna do during the highlander cup then? i see some aussie / sa teams..

Last edited by WildEast,

Arthur

WM

Its one of those faulse connections people make, ping doesn’t automatically mean warping, and when it does, in isn’t due to the distance… Its due to the connection, that person having bad internet, or a bad computer, or a good computer, but running something labor intensive in the back ground.

A ping cap would catch the odd person, but be a hinderence to hundreds. (maybe thousands)

I would compare this to speed cameras, how fast someone drives is hardly a measure of of how gooder driver they are. But speed is enforcible, unlike all the other (and imo more important) ways in which people drive badly. But because speed is enforcible, they enforce it. Yes it saves lifes, but it pisses 1000x that number of people off.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Arthur

I would compare this to speed cameras, how fast someone drives is hardly a measure of of how gooder driver they are. But speed is enforcible, unlike all the other (and imo more important) ways in which people drive badly. But because speed is enforcible, they enforce it. Yes it saves lifes, but it pisses 1000x that number of people off.

QFT

Harlski

Quoted from n00ne

Believe me, it’s possible for me :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »