Forum

I need a new video card

Created 27th June 2010 @ 15:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1

josku

I have nvidia geforce 7300 LE but it sucks..i need a new one!
Which one can I buy? I’ve vista 32 bit, 2 gb of ram, AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ and cpu speed is 1.97 GHz Performance Rated at 3.94 GHz

Help me! :D

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

What power supply do you have?

octochris

(0v0)

No point just upgrading your graphics card with that CPU, anything much higher than that card will be bottlenecked to hell and back.

You should realistically upgrade both your CPU and GPU if you’re wanting better performance in TF2, because that CPU will make most GPU upgrades completely pointless.

Last edited by octochris,

josku

Quoted from Vazzan

What power supply do you have?

I dont know..how can i see it? have i to open the case?

@chris

tbh i cant spend a lot of money to upgrade my pc or directly change it even if its the right thing to do…so i can spend something to change the video card (150/200 euros)

Last edited by josku,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from josku

@chris

tbh i cant spend a lot of money to upgrade my pc or directly change it even if its the right thing to do

I am not saying that it is the wrong thing to do, I am saying because your CPU is bad your CPU will limit any upgrade to the point where you might as well wait until you have more money.

Quoted from josku

I dont know..how can i see it? have i to open the case?

Open the case, look at the part where the power cable at the back connects to, it should have a number on the side designating the wattage.

Last edited by octochris,

josku

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I am not saying that it is the wrong thing to do, I am saying because your CPU is bad your CPU will limit any upgrade to the point where you might as well wait until you have more money.

so with more money what do u suggest me to do/buy?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from josku

[…]

so with more money what do u suggest me to do/buy?

If you’re wanting something good on a budget I’d go for an 8800GTS and a dual-core Phenom II.

josku

what about an hd 3850 and dual core phenom 2?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from josku

what about an hd 3850 and dual core phenom 2?

Should have similar performance.

josku

do u know a site where i can buy all these things at a bargain?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from josku

do u know a site where i can buy all these things at a bargain?

Only English ones, if you were in the UK I’d recommend scan.co.uk, but you’re not, so I don’t know :(

josku

ok thank u anyway…

u can lock the thread

Add A Reply Pages: 1