Forum

Which mousepad with deathadder?

Created 25th June 2010 @ 17:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Kingcrispy

swimp

Don’t get the exact mat. It’s cold and your DA stops tracking as soon as you start to sweat a little. And it’s also very noisy

eXtreaL

I think I’m gonna go for the qck/qck+ then. What’s the real difference between the Goliathus and Qck?

wic

destructor or exactmat

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Koeitje

Move it vertically and notice the jitter.

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/tracking.png/ (same sensor)
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/298/surfaces.png (DA respawn)

Just don’t buy a Qck and you’ll be fine.

I don’t get this at all.

AnroliF

Quoted from Pandylo

Razer Goliathus control.

Iller

tGa

Quoted from eXtreaL

I think I’m gonna go for the qck/qck+ then. What’s the real difference between the Goliathus and Qck?

I’m planning to buy the Goliathus Control edition for fun to test it.
Right now I’m using the Qck.
One difference is that the Qck has higher friction. It is also much “softer”.
The Goliathus control has a more rough surface.

I like to buy and test stuff so I have lot of mouse pads. The Qck is my first pure cloth pad however.
I have read about people having tracking issues with many laser mice on the Qck, but I have not experiened any problems so far (using Mionix naos 5000). The tracking quality gets the score 5/10 in my surface analyzer, which is worse than the plastic mats which get between 7 and 10, but it still seems sufficently good.

A big problem with many mouse pads, and especially plastic ones (in fact all plastic ones I believe), is that the surface gets a bit worn out after a short period of time. The surface gets a bit more glossy and the friction on those parts increase.
This is a disaster for your muscle memory.

Since imo consistency is more important than anything else for a mouse pad I now tried cloth. And I am positively surprised. The Qck is not that “fast”, but on the other hand it helps you get better control.
Personally I would like a cloth mat with a bit less friction and will therefore try the Goliathus control ed.
What I really would like however is a cloth pad which gets the same tracking score as the plastic ones, i.e a cloth pad adapted for laser mice.

Edit : By the way, I have heard that the Goliathus speed edition has the same problem as the plastic pads, i.e that the worn out parts of the pad gets higher friction.

Last edited by Iller,

minimoose

Do not go for the QcK, it is bad for the deathadder respawn (I recently got a DA and had a QcK lying around, tried to use it but it sucked for this mouse). Get a Mionix Alioth 400, or there are loads of others which are similarly good.

Last edited by minimoose,

Sekundaattori

OS!
OS!

Roccat Taito or Razer Goliathus Speed

aksu

I have a logitech g9x (5600 dpi) and I have to play with 200dpi with my qck+:D With higher dpi it’s skipping like hell:p So yeah I wouldn’t recommend qck by any means, though it might be a different experience with a deathadder.

crzfst

Quoted from Kingcrispy

Don’t get the exact mat. It’s cold and your DA stops tracking as soon as you start to sweat a little. And it’s also very noisy

You must be really fat if you start to sweat by just moving your mouse…

Anathema

lol crzfst.
Anyway I can confirm do not get exactmat, not only the mat itself wore down quickly but it also destroyed my mouse glides.
Destructor is a good mousepad so far, but the center has gotten shiny and smooth, so far it hasn’t affected aiming consistency but I doubt that’ll last much longer.
I would quite like a more durable mat myself :(

Iller

tGa

Quoted from minimoose

Do not go for the QcK, it is bad for the deathadder respawn (I recently got a DA and had a QcK lying around, tried to use it but it sucked for this mouse). Get a Mionix Alioth 400, or there are loads of others which are similarly good.

That Mionix pad seems to have very positive reviews.
I think I try that tomorrow instead of the Goliathus control.

eXtreaL

Btw, I’m using a Zmachine MP1000 right now, but I just want to try out another pad.

firerain

Using DA and qck for 2 years now. Never had a
problem and still it works fine.

Traxantic

TLR

Qck = Best you can get with deathadder.

Although, My Deathadder broke twice now though (mouse button 4 is just really weak, and if you use it for PTT…). Got imperator instead with Qck

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »