Forum

Hitreg delayed

Created 23rd June 2010 @ 18:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

freshmeatt

‹Con›

OK, let’s assume this is the right category to post that one in.

You may have met or read about people who had decent, consistent pings but their hit registering and stuff was delayed quite notably. I’ve read a few threads about them on ETF2L, but none of solutions described there could help me, because most of them were regarding Windows 7 or rates themselves. I don’t have Win7 and I used most of possible sets of rates but it didn’t help me.

I was playing TF2 yesterday and my aim was a bit out of shape. Couldn’t rage much, because I was exhausted after whole day, so I began to actually try to aim more precisely. Everything would be awesome if I didn’t get a meatshot, that got actually registered one and a half second after hit appeared on my screen. Hitsound on the contrary wasn’t delayed. That happened to me three times in five minute period. I was like ‘wtf’, but couldn’t come up with any reason for that. As the shots actually regged that time, as well as today, when it happened again on other servers, I ain’t sure they will next time, so I’m asking you for help.

Any ideas what is this and how to fix it? My OS is WinXP Pro, it’s clean, I’ve installed it for TF2 exclusively.

quad

take a net_graph 3 screenshot while in combat, and post it

freshmeatt

‹Con›

http://img205.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=cpgranary0003n.jpg

quad

lol, I think I know
Try these:
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 66
rate 30000

I could see your cmdrate was set to 50, and your updaterate 66, could be it.

Edit:
Another thing could be your fps.. should be over 66 at ALL times, you tried Chris’ maxframes config?
(I dunno, looks like you rly sacraficed some quality tho, and still 24 fps..)
You should maybe buy a new PC :(

If the above dosent work, try these:

rate 30000
cl_updaterate 33
cl_cmdrate 33

Last edited by quad,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

I’m using Chris’ maxframes actually… Gotta work it out though, because I used to have stable 40.
And yeah, I prolly won’t get anywhere without new PC. x( Mine’s P4 Northwood 3.2GHz with HT, Sparkle Geforce 7600GS and 1.5GB DDR RAM. Thanks for help though.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from freshmeatt

P4 Prescott

This baby’s known for being good at overheating. The problem you describe doesn’t necessarily indicate an overheating issue though, but it might be worthwhile to check it out anyway.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

This baby’s known for being good at overheating. The problem you describe doesn’t necessarily indicate an overheating issue though, but it might be worthwhile to check it out anyway.

Herpderp from my side. I forgot Prescotts were after Northwoods. I meant the latter.

Add A Reply Pages: 1