Forum

Any ideas or tips?

Created 19th June 2010 @ 15:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

achy

I know this is a post that comes up all the time…. BUT!

I am just wanting to know if people have any tips or ideas of how they can help me with my tf2 smoothness :/

When i am in-game my fps can range from 30 – 200+ I have my settings set to high, my gfx card is a GTS 250 http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/6624/helpf.png

Really i just want to know if there is any other way to smoothen out TF2 without using m0res FPS config (or chris’s)

PS. When im playing i sometimes get a regular 2/3 secs screen freeze, if anyone can help on this please doooooooo ! ty <3

octochris

(0v0)

Use moreframes, you’ll hardly notice the difference.

Morty

RG

use the -heapsize command acording to your memory and use -high in launch options. solved for me.

Quoted from octochris

Use moreframes, you’ll hardly notice the difference.

btw, I love to play with your movie config. the game looks so brilliant <3

Last edited by Morty,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Morty

-heapsize command

GET OUT OF HERE DEVIL

dougiie

CotC

cap your fps at 60/80/100 or something

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dougiie

cap your fps at 60/80/100 or something

don’t cap at 60, you’ll fail to satify the standard 66 cmdrate.

cap at 66 minimum. but yes, dougie has the right idea.

Anathema

I’ll post my question in here as well;
I can run tf2 totally maxed out 1680×1050, and it will give me around 150 fps, but it will drop to 30-40 on middle 6v6.
I run tf2 with Chris’ worst-looking config (maxframes?) @ 1280×800 and it gives me a constant 100 fps (capped @ 100), and it will STILL drop to 60 6v6 middle point.
Also I sometimes randomly get intermittent freezing for a split second.
Steam cloud is off, friends notifications are off, my pc remains cool, I’ve never had this in any other game.
((((

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Anathema

I’ll post my question in here as well;
I can run tf2 totally maxed out 1680×1050, and it will give me around 150 fps, but it will drop to 30-40 on middle 6v6.
I run tf2 with Chris’ worst-looking config (maxframes?) @ 1280×800 and it gives me a constant 100 fps (capped @ 100), and it will STILL drop to 60 6v6 middle point.
Also I sometimes randomly get intermittent freezing for a split second.
Steam cloud is off, friends notifications are off, my pc remains cool, I’ve never had this in any other game.
((((

It sounds like your bottleneck is your CPU.

Anathema

E8400, shouldn’t that honestly be enough?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Anathema

E8400, shouldn’t that honestly be enough?

It should be more than enough, yes.

It still sounds like a CPU botteneck, but maybe it isn’t.

Out of curiosity, what is your GPU?

Anathema

Ati HD3870x2

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Anathema

Ati HD3870x2

you say “my pc remains cool”, i do remember some buzz when the 3870×2 came out about overheating and throttling, what temp does it reach at full load?

octochris

(0v0)

also to OP, i should inform you that nvidia’s win 7/vista drivers shit all over FPS.

I don’t know if the new 2xx driver release is any better.

Last edited by octochris,

metalpiss

I have a core i7 and gtx 480 yet I still have to use Chris’s fps config in order to get constant 120fps. If I set the game maxed out, I have about the same framerates as you (with multicore turned off goes down to 20fps even at times -_-)…Don’t think there’s any other way to smooth it out besides special configs.

Last edited by metalpiss,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from metalpiss

I have a core i7 and gtx 480 yet I still have to use Chris’s fps config in order to get constant 120fps. If I set the game maxed out, I have the same framerates as you…Don’t think there’s any other way to smooth it out besides special configs.

Core i7 with GeForece 9800GTX here. Up to 300 fps with full graphics.

Just for the sake of comparisson :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »