Forum

PC goes into sleep mode when tf2 loads

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Squeak

Running windows7 at 64bit and not had any problems since before i39 with it at all but just lately the last few nights everytime a game is launched up and connected to a server just as it’ll get the info. tabs up it’ll go into sleep mode and I’ll have to reboot it.

I’ve:- Checked all my drivers are up to date
– Defragged all my crap & virsus scans
– Vertified game cache
– All dust from my pc has been removed and the sides are constantly off now, tho i reckon it ain’t overheating else it’d surely crash completely. It also coped @ Lan in high temps. where my room is about 26 degrees atm
– Checked pc power options

I believe the problem lies with my gfx card (nvidia geforce 9600 gt) due to going into sleep mode to protect it (mebbe overheating?) but am at a loss now as what to try.

Any ideas are welcome :DDD
Thanks

Reload

BiG
BiG

Sounds like overheating indeed. You can try using GPU-Z to log the temperature and see how hot it gets after you launch TF2

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Reload

Sounds like overheating indeed. You can try using GPU-Z to log the temperature and see how hot it gets after you launch TF2

Better option would be to set up SpeedFan and have it update a log of temperatures every second, then look back at the log after it happens.

Just to let you know unless you have a really bad/old case it will be cooler with the case on (unless you have a huge fan running through it or your room is ridiculously cold). Especially since you said you cleaned out the dust. Is it just TF2 or is it with other games too?

Last edited by daithi1,

Reload

BiG
BiG

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Better option would be to set up SpeedFan and have it update a log of temperatures every second, then look back at the log after it happens.

SpeedFan doesn’t seem to be able to track my graphics card, which is why I use GPU-Z :)

Squeak

Quoted from daithi1

Just to let you know unless you have a really bad/old case it will be cooler with the case on (unless you have a huge fan running through it or your room is ridiculously cold). Especially since you said you cleaned out the dust. Is it just TF2 or is it with other games too?

Got a fan constantly on in these heat and my case isn’t too new either :P Tis with other games as well

I have no idea what I’m doing so i just took screenshots.
SpeedFan: – http://yfrog.com/3zgpuyp
GPU-Z Sensor Log: Temperature stays at a constant 51 and then to 53 mit Fan Speed at 35% if that makes a difference

It just let me join a pub and kill a sol as I was tabbed out when it connected, however after I died went to sleep again :(

Squeak

Just died on me when I wasn’t even in game. Could something not be connecting right, not that i’ve moved it or is it time for a new gfx?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Squeak

[…]
Got a fan constantly on in these heat and my case isn’t too new either :P Tis with other games as well

I have no idea what I’m doing so i just took screenshots.
SpeedFan: – http://yfrog.com/3zgpuyp
GPU-Z Sensor Log: Temperature stays at a constant 51 and then to 53 mit Fan Speed at 35% if that makes a difference

It just let me join a pub and kill a sol as I was tabbed out when it connected, however after I died went to sleep again :(

Those temps are fine. It might not be the GPU.

Quoted from Squeak

Just died on me when I wasn’t even in game. Could something not be connecting right, not that i’ve moved it or is it time for a new gfx?

Have you checked the connections in your case (especially the 20/24 pin and the 6 pin connector(s) on your GPU)?

Evil

TF2 is dead it’s not asleep

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Haha Evil :D

Squeak

Aye, checked it all, I’m quite chuffed with myself :D

Quoted from Evil

TF2 is dead it’s not asleep

Thats not helping! :'(

Are all your drivers up to date?

Squeak

Quoted from daithi1

Are all your drivers up to date?

Jup.

A really bad/underpowered (<350-400W) PSU?

Black_Bob

[DA]

I had the same problem with my new computer when I first got it, the problem was a lose wire connection on my graphics card pushed it in and its worked the past four months :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »