Forum

Terrible hitreg with all weapons.

Created 2nd June 2010 @ 15:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

RareSpycrab

Ok well i cant really explain this well but basically i get woeful hitreg with hitscan. Say id be aiming right at the enemys head and it would miss completley or id get a no damage meatshot. Also sometimes I get an airshot but the rocket goes right through the guy. This is also on match servers with tf_fixedshotgun spread or whatever the cvar is.
My net settings are also:
rate 25000
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 60
cl_interp 0.0152.
I know its a terrible explanation. I tryed to record a real time vid with fraps but the video came out at 1 gig for a minute. Im d/ling vegas to try compress it atm but until then can anyone help with the info given already?

I’m afraid the only fix would be to change to another (non-Valve) game.

Try a bit higher interp maybe?

Swarley

cool^m

try cl_interp 0.033

kaidus

WiK?

What does your net graph look like?

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

I get the same thing its deffo my ISP worst time is on a Sunday night. My ping is fine but I get loss/choke on and off throughout the night.

RareSpycrab

Quoted from kaidus

What does your net graph look like?

0 loss 20-40 choke on pubs whenever i get near the action. About 10 on match servers.

Evil

got lag compression turned off?

Dogghi

бекон

i always see people lagging/warping since i started playing in high quality if i don’t play with a very high interp… :(

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Yeah I never get this. Because I don’t miss.

flushy

P.O.P

play medic its the easy road to high divs…

spendy

its a reason for why i hardly play tf2 anymore

Iller

tGa

I have a similar problem that started today.
Rockets seem delayed and sometimes teleport a bit. Also other player models lag very much and teleport a bit.
It is almost the same feeling you get when you play with 100+ ping or/and use a very high interp.
However, my ping is low, choke almost nonexistent, no packet loss, high fps.

Anyone got a clue what the reason could be and what I could try to do to fix it ?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Higher interp, better monitor (input lag?), better aim (:P)

quad

Quoted from RareSpycrab

[…]
0 loss 20-40 choke on pubs whenever i get near the action. About 10 on match servers.

Check net_graph 3 for extrapolation (Orange bars at the bottom) tell if you got the curse.

Last edited by quad,

Quoted from Koeitje

better aim (:P)

People agree with me, rare.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »