Forum

Domination notice trouble

Created 29th May 2010 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/Shintaz/hihud-1.jpg?t=1275138016

I think the same thing happens with caps, I wasn’t paying much attention.
I don’t use any custom hud, only mores damage numbers – everything else is default.
halps.

p.s: if the black box is confusing you, it’s just highlighting the fact no text is there.

p.p.s: yeah, same thing with caps. http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t298/Shintaz/cp_well0009.jpg?t=1275138309

Last edited by Shintaz,

yin

lol shintaz had the same yesterday night at a mix :x

tough another thing valve broke and now will fix with another suprising update

wer

tfortress.no

do u have a file called hudlayout.res in ur scripts-folder?

Quoted from wer

do u have a file called hudlayout.res in ur scripts-folder?

I don’t even have a scripts folder – so nope.

KOVACS

There was a mention in the update log for TF2 of some modification to the domination notifications:

Team Fortress 2
Added community submitted deathnotice icons for the community submitted weapons.
Changed the deathnotice text color to use black instead of white when the local player is involved.
Fixed domination/revenge messages not using team colors for the player names.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Shintaz

[…]

I don’t even have a scripts folder – so nope.

You do in the GCFs.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Quoted from octochris

[…]

You do in the GCFs.

Dude, come on.
For all purposes relevant to this discussion, he does not have a scripts folder.

I know you like to help people and stuff, but for the average user this comment is:
a) Worthless (doesn’t help him one bit)
b) Confusing (now he’ll start wondering what the hell GCFs are. OK, maybe this specific guy knows, but the point still holds.)

I know you like to flaunt with your knowledge of certain things a lot, but let me tell you: It’s getting on the nerves of a lot of people, not only mine. Please try to do a lot ot people a favor by shutting up occasionally when you have absolutely nothing to say (like this post here) Nobody likes a smartass.

*end rant

Sorry for sidetracking your topic in advance, shintaz :)

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

murder

cQr

have you verified the integrity of game cache and did the defragmentation thingy?

rofl. chris got SAT.

murder: this was the first thing I thought of. cheers for the heads up anyway :3

Kovacs: I know, that’s why I’m sure it’s all valves fault.

as I said, I don’t use m0re’s hud, but I do use his damage numbers. I had to reinstall the numbers, as did everyone else afaik – could that of effected it in any way? changing this isn’t really a priority, I can live without it – but it would be awesome if someone could give me a helping hand.

also – new in-game kill icons: I don’t get any of them.

Last edited by Shintaz,

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]
Dude, come on.
For all purposes relevant to this discussion, he does not have a scripts folder.

I know you like to help people and stuff, but for the average user this comment is:
b) Confusing (now he’ll start wondering what the hell GCFs are. OK, maybe this specific guy knows, but the point still holds.)

I know you like to flaunt with your knowledge of certain things a lot, but let me tell you: It’s getting on the nerves of a lot of people, not only mine. Please try to do a lot ot people a favor by shutting up occasionally when you have absolutely nothing to say (like this post here) Nobody likes a smartass.

*end rant

+10000, albeit this applies to most people on these forums.

And Shintaz, have you tried verifying game files etc? That could fix your problem, right click steam, properties and verify integrity yada yada.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]
Dude, come on.

*end rant

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me.

I assumed that Shintaz knew TF2 more than the average, and as such I didn’t have to piss around telling him what GCFs were.

If you think I’m being a smartass then that’s your call, but don’t pretend to speak for others. I help people. My aim in making that post was to point out that he does actually have a scripts folder which he can modify if that is the requirement of the next post.

In retrospect considering the fact that wer would be well aware of this that clearly wasn’t what he was asking, but I was in a hurry and just read ‘I don’t have a scripts folder’ and thought I would help out.

Stop suspecting hidden motives. Have you ever considered the possibility that the reason I don’t simplify things is because I assume that people know them, not because I want to “flaunt with [my] knowledge”? I was trying to help, and you’re being a fucking douche.

And don’t act like you know me either, you know about as much about me as Kilroy Silk knows about gravitas.

Quoted from Shintaz

rofl. chris got SAT.

Fuck off. I try to help fuckers like you and I get fuck all in return, the least I could ask is for you to have some fucking common decency.

Last edited by octochris,

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

If Chris hadn’t helped everytime I run to him asking the dumbest questions of all time, this forum would have suffered from me spamming it.
*like I do nowadays*

Last edited by Atty,

Chris:

The fact still stands that you didn’t help shintaz a bit by telling him where he would find the scripts folder.

/topic

Last edited by dotfloat™,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dotfloat™

Chris:

The fact still stands that you didn’t help shintaz a bit by telling him where he would find the scripts folder.

/topic

And how the fuck do you figure that?

Alright, I’ll offer a fucking tangible solution to this shit for you retards based on some help I got earlier today, and you can see if it fucking works, because I don’t give a shit any more.

Extract hudlayout.res from the GCF using some badly coded piece of shit program like GCFScape, edit that shit to add the following to the HudDeathNotice section (between the curly brackets)

"LocalPlayerColor" "HUDBlack"

If that shit is already there, I have no idea. If that shit isn’t already there, add it, and paste the res file once saved into /tf/scripts/

You might also want to check that if it does exist that the clientscheme in your GCF (under /tf/resource/) actually contains an entry for HUDBlack, if it doesn’t, add it as

"HudBlack" "65 65 65 255"

I’m done helping you ungrateful fuckers on this forum, this place is worse than fucking 4chan and I still come in and try to help people, and yet despite this I manage to get touted as the worst this cesspit has to offer. Thanks for the nonexistant support and unfounded judgment, bellends.

Last edited by octochris,

Quoted from octochris

I’m done helping you ungrateful fuckers on this forum, this place is worse than fucking 4chan and I still come in and try to help people, and yet despite this I manage to get touted as the worst this cesspit has to offer. Thanks for the nonexistant support and unfounded judgment, bellends.

Dude, anger management.

Also:
"LocalPlayerColor" "HUDBlack"
"HudBlack" "65 65 65 255"

Are those variable names case-sensitive or not?

Last edited by dotfloat™,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »