Forum

Black capture text -- how to revert?

Created 28th May 2010 @ 12:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1

octochris

(0v0)

Any HUD editors about? I know a bit, but evidently not enough to get this problem solved :x

I was recording some demos this morning only to find that the capture text had gone black with the recent update, this is noticeable in the recordings and I would like to keep the HUD uniform all the way through the movie.

To try and rectify the issue I got an old GCF I had from a month or so ago, extracted /resource/ and /scripts/, pasted them into the correct places in the PLDX folder (I have added other HUDs to PLDX before so don’t worry that I’ve put them in the wrong place or something), and then pasted the PLDX HUD files on top of that. The black text is still there. :|

What file controls the black text? Is it some new file that didn’t exist a month ago?

Afaik, when tf2 gets launched it first loads the default hud from the .gcf, then loads the hud overwriting any changes done. Try doing something with /tf/resource/ClientScheme.res in the .gcf

I might be wrong, though.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dotfloat™

Afaik, when tf2 gets launched it first loads the default hud from the .gcf, then loads the hud overwriting any changes done. Try doing something with /tf/resource/ClientScheme.res in the .gcf

I might be wrong, though.

Yeah, that is how it works, which is why I thought that using the month old HUD would fix it.

The strange thing is I looked in the clientscheme and I don’t see anything with the RGBA values “63 63 63 255” which is what the black text is coloured, and most official valve edits name the colour…

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Yeah, that is how it works, which is why I thought that using the month old HUD would fix it.

The strange thing is I looked in the clientscheme and I don’t see anything with the RGBA values “63 63 63 255” which is what the black text is coloured, and most official valve edits name the colour…

WinMerge the two files (valve clientscheme from .gcf and clientscheme from pldx)
http://winmerge.org/

See if there’s any difference.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dotfloat™

[…]

WinMerge the two files (valve clientscheme from .gcf and clientscheme from pldx)
http://winmerge.org/

See if there’s any difference.

PLDX does not have a clientscheme, it uses the default clientscheme from the GCF, hence why I’ve literally just pasted the whole of /resource/ and /scripts/ from the old GCF and overwritten some files with the PLDX HUD.

I’m gonna play around with the colors for a bit…

Turns out I’m too lazy… Make a screenie with the black text.

I don’t know whether you found a fix for your problem, or suicided, but I searched for the string “65 65 65” (the black capture text’s color) and found only 1 instance of this:

/tf/resource/ClientScheme.res:

Line 49: “HudBlack” “65 65 65 255”

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dotfloat™

I don’t know whether you found a fix for your problem, or suicided, but I searched for the string “65 65 65” (the black capture text’s color) and found only 1 instance of this:

/tf/resource/ClientScheme.res:

Line 49: “HudBlack” “65 65 65 255”

Strange, mine is 63 63 63 255.

I will have a go with that a bit later, not sure if it is it though. Thanks.

octochris

(0v0)

Line 49 is just whitespace for me, there is no HudBlack in the whole clientscheme :s

I changed all references to “Black” in the clientscheme but it still persists :x

I guess I will just edit the frames by hand.

Last edited by octochris,

Quoted from octochris

Line 49 is just whitespace for me, there is no HudBlack in the whole clientscheme :s

I changed all references to “Black” in the clientscheme but it still persists :x

I guess I will just edit the frames by hand.

Weird. Technically, my ClientScheme and your ClientScheme should be identical. Are you sure that you’re not looking at ChatScheme instead?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dotfloat™

[…]

Weird. Technically, my ClientScheme and your ClientScheme should be identical. Are you sure that you’re not looking at ChatScheme instead?

Yes.

Bear in mind that my ClientScheme is a month old.

wer

tfortress.no

Just add: “LocalPlayerColor” “HUDWhite” in /scripts/hudlayout.res, under HudDeathNotice

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from wer

Just add: “LocalPlayerColor” “HUDWhite” in /scripts/hudlayout.res, under HudDeathNotice

thankyouuuuuu :>

Add A Reply Pages: 1