Forum

Internett problems!!

Created 25th May 2010 @ 20:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Mordi

≧◡≦

So I bought myself a new network adapter and installed it into my comp. In the start I couln’t find ANY networks, but I downloaded a newer driver for it. I got up the normal networks and I thought it finally worked.

I’m using Windows 7 64 bit OS, when I tried to connect to MY network this message comes up immediately: Windows was unable to connect to “my internett”.

Troubleshoot problems

Tell me more about Internett connection problems

When I connect to my neightbors network and write a random password the message dosn’t come immediately.

Every other devices in my house CAN connect to MY network. So there’s got to me some settings on my computer.

I’ve tried almost everything.
If someone can help it would be really nice.
Thanks.

Yes, I can connect to other networks, but not my own :<

Last edited by Mordi,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Was it this network card?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02tTckaUo80
Because they are all lieing bastards, you shouldnt have bought it. I bet you didnt even get the big silver K medallion to wear around your neck? :-(

Have you updated to the latest official network card drivers not some random crap ones? And is this wireless or ethernet?

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Mordi

≧◡≦

It’s a D-Link DWL-G510 Wireless G Desktop Adapter.

octochris

(0v0)

First thing you should do is determine whether it is a network problem specific to a global network setting on your computer, or whether it is a network problem with the card itself. A few things you should check:

1.) Are you sure you got the right driver? Some drivers can work interchangeably to some degree but can cause issues (potentially like the ‘slowness’ you are describing)
2.) Does the same slowness occur when using a CAT5 cable to go directly into your ethernet port from the router?
3.) Could you export the contents (including subkeys) of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SLASH SYSTEM SLASH CurrentControlSet SLASH Services SLASH Tcpip and pastebin it?

edit: Why the fuck does this forum remove the slashes :|

edit #2: mordi pastebinned me the third one on steam, looks fine.

Last edited by octochris,

Add A Reply Pages: 1