Forum

Client timed out and No Steam logon -errors

Created 15th May 2010 @ 10:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1

lagi

Since the 119th update my tf, after a while I’ve been playing, disconnects from the server saying “Client timed out” or “No Steam logon/No connection could be made to VAC-servers”.

I’ve verified game cache, deleted clientregistry.blob and appupdatestats.blob and restarted Steam many times but the problem hasn’t gone away. Any help?

Last edited by lagi,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Try re-installing steam, just don’t delete your steamapps folder. If that doesn’t help, delete tf folder and try running tf2 again.

lagi

I did both things you said but nothing changed, I still keep dropping from servers.

octochris

(0v0)

Are Source ports forwarded (I assume you’re using a router)?

lagi

Quoted from octochris

Are Source ports forwarded (I assume you’re using a router)?

Hmm, tell me more?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from lagi

[…]

Hmm, tell me more?

Well, not sure what there is to tell.

Ports that should be forwarded are 27000 – 27050 (that includes steam client and outgoing server connections).

lagi

Hmph, it seems that port forwarding helped for a while but then it started again. Should I change my router in case TF2 or Steam has some issues with it?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from lagi

Hmph, it seems that port forwarding helped for a while but then it started again. Should I change my router in case TF2 or Steam has some issues with it?

Your router shouldn’t affect it, only the config of your router.

Try putting your computer in the DMZ, if that fixes it maybe the ports changed.

Chelch

-[MG-C]-

I got this too, reinstalling steam temporarily fixed the issue, but it came back, Ill give forwarding the ports a go.

lagi

Hmm, weird. Problem goes away (at least for a while) when I’m not using Mumble while playing.

Quoted from lagi

Unplug the router and try just using the modem (assuming ADSL)

Spike Himself

TC

Had this with L4D a few months ago. Resetting router temporarily fixed it. Replacing router (with a decent one) permanently fixed it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1