Forum

I'm a scout. Rainbows make me cry. (graphics problem)

Created 14th May 2010 @ 16:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/datenshi888/TF2%20stuffs/failgraphics/cp_badlands0107.jpg

Yeah anyway. I have a tiny little annoying problem that’s driving me crazy and almost making me cry. Sometimes randomly (at least it seems so) my graphics decide to die on me. I get a 10-30 second lag/freeze with looping sound in TF2 and mumble. When the game decides to work again I get messed up graphics, sometimes they make the game completely unplayable.

Normally that only happens in TF2 and my windows is fine and I can fix it by restarting the game. Sometimes however it seems to affect my whole computer and I get this: http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/datenshi888/TF2%20stuffs/failgraphics/Untitled1.jpg . Or in worst case scenario I get a lovely BSoD. Gotta love those.

I’ve tried everything I could think of to fix/prevent it but nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Qun

GoT<3

Rainbow warrior!

octochris

(0v0)

Texture missassigns en masse are usually caused by multicore rendering being enabled on an incompatible system. Is it enabled?

Memento Mori

1) check for graphics overheat
2) -autoconfig in launch options
3) remove hud/cfg

Not sure if it’s enabled or not but my system is not incompatible…

—-

1) not overheating
2) -autoconfig didn’t do anything
3) happens with or without custom stuff like that

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

that looks awesome I want it

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Hey Datenshi, what graphics card do you have and what drivers do you have installed for it?

yin

had the same problems 1 year back and it was my graphic card

so go get a new one and it wil lbe solved m8 :>

Quoted from numlocked

want to swap computers then? :D

@ SnowiE

Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT, 195.62

Every other driver version seems to not work for some reason… I tired both newer and older versions but my graphic card doesn’t approve :(

@yin
Yeah that’d be the easy solution but I’m pretty much broke unfortunately…

Abunai

Is your GPU overclocked? As the only times I have experienced artifacting like yours was when the card was overclocked too far, or it was dying.

:(

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Datenshi

Not sure if it’s enabled or not but my system is not incompatible…

Your system may be incompatible even if it supports multicore, some builds just simply do not work properly with source multicore.

spendy

Quoted from numlocked

cant wait to see ur vids like this, then it feels like im on shrooms

Black_Bob

[DA]

Maybe you have access to the new tf2 update and the 10th class is unicorn :P

@abunai

I only tired overclocking it after I got such problems so I don’t think that has anything to do with it…
And I hope it’s not dying because atm I really can’t afford a new graphics card… :/

@Chris

Yeah but it used to work fine. Then suddenly out of nowhere is started doing that.

@Black_Bob

Pssh! You’re supposed to keep that a secret!

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

Had the same problem, changing the drivers for the graphic card did the trick (an older version, does the job). The only downside is that I’m not able to play Killing Floor, other then that I had no issues and newer games like BF:BC2 worked without any problems.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »