Forum

Cant record movies anymore.

Created 9th May 2010 @ 10:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Pedman

sextant

Does someone else have this problem?
When i start pldx .avi(f11) no codec options comes up and the file-size is 0kb.

Like a last resort i tried to make a tga file, but when i render it in virtualdub the result of the movie is verry laggy.

Iam a newb to virtualdub so if someone can say how to make this work, please do.

Last edited by Pedman,

FunKi

sisu

What Codec and framerate did ya use?

Last edited by FunKi,

Pedman

sextant

When I record I record with 120 fps, in virtualdub i use losless codec and fps 120.

The problems is when i try to record like this: startmovie mymovie avi no codec comes up, never happend before.

Last edited by Pedman,

huhystah

Don’t use .avi(f11), instead of it use .tga(f12)

Last edited by huhystah,

Pedman

sextant

Quoted from huhystah

Don’t use .avi(f11), instead of it use .tga(f12)

Yea i did, and it work, bot then the problem is when i render it like avi in virtual the movie is verry laggy as an end-result.

FunKi

sisu

When i use virtual dub with .tga clips seem to be laggy when i play it in media player but in sony vegas they seem to be fine

Pedman

sextant

Quoted from FunKi

When i use virtual dub with .tga clips seem to be laggy when i play it in media player but in sony vegas they seem to be fine

Yeap, but it the same in vegas :(

Pedman

sextant

This is what I do with tga:

-In tf2 i press f12 to start the movie record, then i press f12 to end it (120fps).
-Open the tga file i virtualdub set losless codec and framerate at 120 and then I save the file as an avi file and the end-result is verry laggy both in windows media player and in vegas.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Pedman,

Pedman

sextant

and now it works, dont ask me why =)

Thanks for the brainstorm guys, appreciate it.

Best regards Dr.acula.

Spark

DAKKA
DAKKA

Quoted from Pedman

This is what I do with tga:

-In tf2 i press f12 to start the movie record, then i press f12 to end it (120fps).
-Open the tga file i virtualdub set losless codec and framerate at 120 and then I save the file as an avi file and the end-result is verry laggy both in windows media player and in vegas.

Any ideas?

it’s laggy becuase its like 2gb for a 30 sec clip :)
when you render it in vegas it wont be laggy anymore :)

Pedman

sextant

Quoted from Spark

[…]

it’s laggy becuase its like 2gb for a 30 sec clip :)
when you render it in vegas it wont be laggy anymore :)

Thanks for the tip :)

Can now close this thread :)

Blade

Quoted from Pedman

The problems is when i try to record like this: startmovie mymovie avi no codec comes up, never happend before.

so what is the problem solution? if i dont wannna use .tga

Last edited by Blade,

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Blade

[…]
so what is the problem solution? if i dont wannna use .tga

Tough, there isn’t one.

Tbh, if you use the correct settings, .tga’s produce better quality anyway.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Thread hi-jack!

When I render my video into mp4. from tga files, the quality is perfect but I cannot render it in sony vegas! why is this?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

Thread hi-jack!

When I render my video into mp4. from tga files, the quality is perfect but I cannot render it in sony vegas! why is this?

do you mean you cannot open it in sony vegas? your question doesn’t make any sense otherwise

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »