Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from h1

worked once, now i just get this shit http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfmozo.jpg
any ideas how to fix?
-tried closing every n launching first
-all the settings are fined
stream before just suddenly stops letting me stream comes up with above then closes,
for such a simple program its fucking annoying.

I got the exact same problem as you have. I already tried de-installing it, removing the OBS directory under /%username%/appdata/roaming/obs/, then rebooting. After that I installed OBS again and the stream worked for a short period of time, after which I stopped again for the same reason.

I tried setting OBS to record from monitor, but that results in the same error. So I know dxtory isn’t faulty.

Logs showing a stackoverflow of some kind. Will post it on the OBS forums when I’m off work.

Last edited by Andee,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from kaidus

Used skyrides guide. Lost 100fps. GG.

Joking aside (as I assume the above is caused by my own incompetence), how can I capture more than the top half of my screen (when streaming desktop)?

Perhaps you loose less FPS if you record directly in OBS. You don’t need Dxtory to record anything. Instead of using the device input, use monitor input. But you will have to run TF2 in windowed mode. And I’m not a big fan of windowed mode.

almightybob

.ps

Haven’t had a chance to try this yet, but I read the guide and have a couple of questions:
1. Am I right in thinking I don’t need dxtory, only OBS? But dxtory is better because it will reduce micro-stutter?
2. I tried streaming once before (with XSplit), but could not get game or Mumble sound on the stream. The only sound broadcast was from my mic. I use a USB headset with mic, all my sound comes through the headphones – I don’t even have external speakers on my computer anymore. Will this be a problem with OBS too?

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from h1

worked once, now i just get this shit http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfmozo.jpg
any ideas how to fix?
-tried closing every n launching first
-all the settings are fined
stream before just suddenly stops letting me stream comes up with above then closes,
for such a simple program its fucking annoying.

Yes uncheck the view stream on the big window this only happens with dxtory

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from kaidus

Used skyrides guide. Lost 100fps. GG.

Joking aside (as I assume the above is caused by my own incompetence), how can I capture more than the top half of my screen (when streaming desktop)?

with OBS right click on the task like the software recording and fit to screen should be there :D btw you just suck kaidus i got a better fps with OBS recording software

Last edited by TviQ,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from TviQ

[…]

Thanks! Will try this tonight! :)

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Andee

[…]

Perhaps you loose less FPS if you record directly in OBS. You don’t need Dxtory to record anything. Instead of using the device input, use monitor input. But you will have to run TF2 in windowed mode. And I’m not a big fan of windowed mode.

If you actually read the guide OR the reply I made to this post, you’d see that I said this is to be expected. You lose more FPS with Dxtory, but don’t get mouse/input lag at all and less micro stutter. As long as you’re still getting 120+ constant you will bassically not notice you’re even streaming.

Quoted from almightybob

Haven’t had a chance to try this yet, but I read the guide and have a couple of questions:
1. Am I right in thinking I don’t need dxtory, only OBS? But dxtory is better because it will reduce micro-stutter?
2. I tried streaming once before (with XSplit), but could not get game or Mumble sound on the stream. The only sound broadcast was from my mic. I use a USB headset with mic, all my sound comes through the headphones – I don’t even have external speakers on my computer anymore. Will this be a problem with OBS too?

1) Yes. Correct. Micro Sutter and mouse lag is lower with Dxtory. It only really matters if you’re streaming FPS though. If you’re streaming Dota 2/SC2/Borderlands/etc it’s not that big of a deal.

2) I wouldn’t have thought it’d be a problem. However OBS does grab your PC audio the same way as XSplit. Give it a go and post back here if it doesn’t work.

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from TviQ

[…]

tried without dxtory up and with the view stream unchecked, still does the same.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from h1

[…]

tried without dxtory up and with the view stream unchecked, still does the same.

Dont try to launch dxtory before you unchecked it

Jonny

thanks for the guide, it’s going all gravy up until i actually launch the game. i can stream just fine, but my steam community doesn’t work whilst in-game. is this normal? am i being stupid?

Last edited by Jonny,

h1

:3
BM

Quoted from TviQ

[…]

doesnt work,

Open Broadcaster Software v0.421a – 32bit (´・ω・`)
——————————-
CPU Name: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 850 Processor
CPU Speed: 3314MHz
Physical Memory: 4096MB Total, 4096MB Free
stepping id: 3, model 5, family 15, type 0, extmodel 8, extfamily 0
——————————————
Adapter 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 5670
Video Adapeter Dedicated Video Memory: 1064710144
Video Adapeter Shared System Memory: 1475407872
=====Stream Start=====================================================================
Base resolution: 1280×720
Output resolution: 1280×720
——————————————
Loading up D3D10…
Warning — Compilation of vertex shader ‘shaders/DrawTexture.vShader’ failed, result = 80004005
Warning — Compilation of pixel shader ‘shaders/DrawTexture.pShader’ failed, result = 80004005
Warning — Compilation of vertex shader ‘shaders/DrawSolid.vShader’ failed, result = 80004005
Warning — Compilation of pixel shader ‘shaders/DrawSolid.pShader’ failed, result = 80004005
Warning — Compilation of pixel shader ‘shaders/DrawYUVTexture.pShader’ failed, result = 80004005
——————————————
Using auxilary audio input: Microphone (Creative SB X-Fi)
——————————————
Audio Encoding: AAC
bitrate: 128
——————————————
Video Encoding: x264
fps: 25
width: 1280, height: 720
quality: 10
preset: veryfast
i444: no
max bitrate: 1400
buffer size: 1400
——————————————

Exception Fault – Stack Trace:
OBS::MainCaptureLoop

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Thanks for the guide, getting it setup with Dxtory helped. :)

This is about the best quality I can get with my connection: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2264553041.png

I’ve set Quality to 10, Max Bitrate to 1000 and Buffersize to 2000. Are those about correct for my connection?

http://www.twitch.tv/asskicker2/b/336752954

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Asskicker

Thanks for the guide, getting it setup with Dxtory helped. :)

This is about the best quality I can get with my connection: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2264553041.png

I’ve set Quality to 10, Max Bitrate to 1000 and Buffersize to 2000. Are those about correct for my connection?

http://www.twitch.tv/asskicker2/b/336752954

I’d suggest dropping your FPS down to 30. Quality isn’t amazing, but it’s definitely watchable. :)

Asskicker

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

I’d suggest dropping your FPS down to 30. Quality isn’t amazing, but it’s definitely watchable. :)

FPS is 30 in both Dxtory and OBS. :)
Currently I’ve put the resolution at 1280×720, would it have a huge impact if I used 1920×1080 (my native)?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from TviQ

[…]

That really helped for me. So far no crash :) Thanks! And thanks to skyride for the great tutorial.

Last edited by Andee,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »