Forum

Hacker Alert

Created 21st March 2010 @ 01:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

redned

CiC

cheers i have put on several fixes including some of yours, not that i am willing to say which ones i have done.
One day these script kiddies will all be dead, will they take online games with them?

Overcow

KURT!
iNh

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

Why would you even use Mani?

Just had to.

Last edited by Overcow,

Quoted from redned

/…/ and has the basic functions that other mods crash with or dont have in a form you need.

Like what?

(Just being curious, I don’t run any servers)

Last edited by d1ck j0nes,

redned

CiC

erm mani comes with a set of usable commands:
rtv, vote, votkick, voteban , nominate, thetime, nextmap
controls maps via 3 lists – cycle, vote list, admin choice list
has internal stats module or will feed hlstats externally
deathbeams, betting, high ping kick, admin logging, swearing filter, quakesounds, cfg exec, victim stats, damage stats, round end player most damage
adverts in text or in images
team kill and wound protection including punishments
reserved slots, flood protection, auto balance, sound controls, plugin logging, debuging, anti ghosting, anti cheat, custom spawns and skins, spray tracking, warmup timers, save scores on rejoin, autorejoin protection ………..
plus easy admin menus

with other admin mods you end up installing loads of 3rd party stuff just to get this functionality + on the whole mani seems the most stable admin i used over the years.

SourceMod has most of those features. It takes time to install plugins, yes, but so does having to restore/restart your server ever so often.

redned

CiC

ive had issues with sourcemod a few times and my servers on linux reboot at 6am each day anyway.

Rotab

≧◡≦

mani..
lol

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Forgive me for my ignorance, I’ve only ever ran sourcemod for my servers (and i like it), but what is exactly wrong with mani? So many people seem to dislike it, there must be a reason.

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

Rotab

≧◡≦

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

Forgive me for my ignorance, I’ve only ever ran sourcemod for my servers (and i like it), but what is exactly wrong with mani? So many people seem to dislike it, there must be a reason.

Quoted from redned

used a mani client hack to write the clients file

? ;)

Pedman

sextant

Theres no reason to say mani is a bad choise, mani have some good things when it comes to admin plugin, still i like sourcemod the best.

It all comes down to what you like best when adminisitrating a server.

Last edited by Pedman,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Pedman

It all comes down to what you like best when adminisitrating a server.

Not getting hacked because of a stupidly written plugin?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2