Forum

Thinking of going with Clanhost?

Created 11th March 2010 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Absolute

Well, I wouldn’t. They had poor service and rubbish routing when I used them.

Also look carefully in their T&C’s. They state that you need to cancel your order through there really crap control panel system, and give 30 days notice.

Basically, if you don’t cancel it in time they MAKE you pay for another term of service.

It’s a complete joke in my opinion, and forces you to pay for some more hosting. I paid with PayPal and thought I had paid for 2 months, to which I was told to pay so [email protected]. Now I find I’m tied into some bullshit contract, according to their T&C’s. I only talked with one of their admins, and he sure as hell didn’t state this rule.

Stiffing the gamers on small print. How sad.

Last edited by Absolute,

firerain

They were one of the best CSS hosts imo.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Did you read the t&c before you signed up and paid your money at the point of purchasing? Generally it’s a good idea to do this.

Either way, this might not be the best place to write a comment like this. I sympathise with you that you’re upset, but if you’re angry about something in the terms – they’re the same things that were there when you actually ordered the server x

Skyride

DUCS

I hope you don’t take the same approach with credit cards and loans… Or RAWR GOLD. :x

Absolute

@D2M.

I chatted with the admin of Clanhost.nl and decided to send a payment to the address that he sent to me in a PM.

I paid, and then received all the T&C’s, which included the 30day cancellation rule.

My argument to him at the moment is that he didn’t offer the T&C’s when I wanted to pay him, but has relied on my forgetting to click “cancel” before the 30day cancellation rule.

I regard this as dishonest and a really shitty tactic.

torden

broder
syster

It’s sneaky, sure. But clanhost is hardly the only one to do it. i3d does it too, and i would be surprised if not most or all other providers do the same

Absolute

I just feel mislead that’s all and haven’t even used the server for ages, I just assumed that paying by paypal one off wouldn’t be a recurring payment :)

Naive to think that, I guess.

Last edited by Absolute,

hymzi

[MIPC]

Aye, as torden said, all the providers are doing it.. happened to me last month, told em that im not paying, they sent me threatening mail that they’re gonna take some actions & bla bla bla, havent heard from them since.. it was from different provider tho, canceled the order ages ago and they dared to ask for more money with some t&c bullshit.

http://www.clanhost.nl/en/about-us/general-terms-and-conditions.html – this page has not yet been translated – <- awsum, they didnt even send you the dutch copy of the t&c? and isnt there supposed to be date when the t&c was made?

dunc

infs
dp.

Bouncer4You sent me letters for bailiffs about this :D They wanted ~30 euros for a service I hadn’t used. After consulting a friend that’s a lawyer, he said there’s only an absolutely minute chance they can do anything about it – they’d have to initiate small claims court proceedings which would be a fairly major expense to try and sue me for something which would struggle in court anyway.

End result was: I ignored the bailiff letters (from ze Deutschland) and nothing ever came of it. We’re 18 months on now.

Last edited by dunc,

Sketch

MM

i had the same problem with ukgame.co.uk NAME AND SHAME THESE CUNTS!

they told me i had to cancel to stop payments using their system which refused to work. they then banned me from their forums for complaining about the service in the “complaints” section of the forum.
they then blocked me from emails because i was complaining that i could not log in to their support ticket section of their website and it would not verify my identity in order for me to cancel my payments. They blocked me from contacting them via emails for the reason “you are not logged into our support tickets system and we cannot verify your identity!” thought that was a bit ironic.

so I changed my bank cards and blocked all payments via my bank

Absolute

Well the deal was done on IRC, and I sent a payment via paypal. I cannot see me “agreeing” to the T&S when it wasnt even presented to me before sale.

The notion of “You have agreed to the T&S by sending payment” is pretty crazy in my opinion, it’s certainly not how the law works here in UK. You have to formally agree via a website or whatever.

Last edited by Absolute,

Add A Reply Pages: 1