Last edited by FADe,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Snowing heavily in Dublin now, anyone know where I can buy a Ushanka? :P

Benito

[CiC]
CiC

here in london its still snowing as well starting to get heavy i’d reckon about 3-4 inches so far

Damn people in the UK don’t know what snow is, there’s a sugarcoat layer of snow somewhere and everything stops dead in it’s tracks, of course has to happen right as I’m waiting for a package from london -.-

Voff

nwave`

It’s a fuckin meter here in Umeå, Sweden..

The freakin snow is everywhere :>

Its more like 80 centimeters = 31.496063 inches. and its cold as fuck!

Last edited by Voff,

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Awesome article on how the flash gits that bought 4×4’s for image are the least competent in snow: http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/eddie-cunningham-cold-war-time-suv-showoffs-got-a-grip-1998941.html

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Damn people in the UK don’t know what snow is, there’s a sugarcoat layer of snow somewhere and everything stops dead in it’s tracks, of course has to happen right as I’m waiting for a package from london -.-

Yes, clearly it’s the fault of all the people. We only know about the snow we see. England especially does not get metres of snow on which we can all take our husky sleds and build igloos. I know I personally called all the public transport services this morning and asked them not to bother doing anything, so yeah let’s blame all the people. Unprepared country does not equal people having no clue :]

Awesome article on how the flash gits that bought 4×4’s for image are the least competent in snow: http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/eddie-cunningham-cold-war-time-suv-showoffs-got-a-grip-1998941.html

Cracking article that Klu :D Looking at the number of abandoned vehicles nearby when I went for a walk earlier, I was surprised to see so many 4x4s :/

Last edited by d2m,

dunc

infs
dp.

Aren’t you German?

I politely suggest you shut the fuck up.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Yes, clearly it’s the fault of all the people. I know I called all the public transport services this morning and asked them not to bother doing anything. Unprepared country does not equal people having no clue :]

It’s as much bad planning as it is lack of competent drivers TBH, the only thing that should stop traffic is sheet ice.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Cracking article that Klu :D Looking at the number of abandoned vehicles nearby when I went for a walk earlier, I was surprised to see so many 4x4s :/

I know :D

I’m on the motorbike 365 days a year, it’s hilarious the looks of absolute disbelief I get from SUV drivers when I zoom by them :P

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

It’s as much bad planning as it is lack of competent drivers TBH, the only thing that should stop traffic is sheet ice.

Have you looked under the snow? It’s pretty icey :p

I don’t doubt that there are many thousands of people on the roads today who lack any ability to drive in snowy/icey conditions. And to be honest, how can you really blame them? We do not get a lot of snow, so how are people supposed to practice driving in it? Competence at driving in adverse conditions comes from experiencing them and learning how to cope and how to adapt your driving style to suit. Of course, there will always be the ignorant few (and they’re gonna be the ones causing the big accidents by driving at excessive speeds for the conditions). However, you cannot blame the average person who maybe sees snow once or twice a year if they’re lucky, for not having the ability to drive competently or confidently on it.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

not much ice under snow, and it’s definitely not sheet ice :P

If people aren’t confident enough to drive in snow they should stay at home, don’t go out if you’re gonna drive at 5mph or bin it and endanger other road users. And snow/ice really isn’t that much more difficult to drive in that rain, people just don’t how to adapt for different weather conditions.

jason

PHX

About 18″ so far in central Scotland. The roads are mostly fine, side roads are nice hard packed snow.

For you youngsters and Mainland Europeans multiply 18 x 2.54 to get it in cm, it’s a good mental workout for ya.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »