Forum

Here is why Dustbowl is an awful map...

Created 21st November 2009 @ 02:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Skyride

DUCS

http://adamfindlay.co.uk/stuff/cp_dustbowl0093.jpg

Top-right, nuff said. Probably half of that was the first 2 stickies and there was a bunch more that scrolled off the screen.

In all seriousness, why do public servers insist on running these awful maps that always stalemate hard because the defending team has 4 people go engineer?

Sekhel

(…) 4 people go engineer?

Nuff said.

Oh wait: because 4 people go enginner, 10 go pyro, 1 heavy, 1 sniper.

Anyway, it only ends with a stalemate until someone from an average div6 team goes demo and gets ubered…

Alternative answer: ZOMG DEMOMAN IS OVERPOWERED!!!!111!!!ELEVEN
NERF STICKIES, 60 DAMAGE PER STICKIE, 4 STICKIES!! THEN INCREASE PIPES TO 8!!!!!
(I actually saw someone os steam forums suggesting that)

Last edited by Sekhel,

compton

cvx|

Dustbowl is actually one of the most fun maps in pubs. I don’t play pubs so much that I’d be able to analyze why, but somehow it just works for me.

Though I hate it in 6v6. Too long, too boring.

Iller

tGa

Top-right, nuff said. Probably half of that was the first 2 stickies and there was a bunch more that scrolled off the screen.

In all seriousness, why do public servers insist on running these awful maps that always stalemate hard because the defending team has 4 people go engineer?

Haha, agreed.
If the defenders have half a brain there is going to be a boring wait until the time is up, especially in the end of the 3:rd stage.
Teamwork of any kind is extremely rare on public. Most people seem to go spy and sniper and don’t even try to do anything for the team.
So if you want to attack you have to do it yourself and then you are faced with 3 sticky camping demomen covering all exits, at least 4 sentries doing the same, maybe 3 snipes aiming at your head and then mayby a heavy medic pair spraying at you.

Walk/jump to the front get killed immediately, repeat until time is up.

Extremer

I once got 11 people with 1 crit pipe.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

This is exactly why dustbowl on pubs is so much fun! Many frags of many cluless people…GREAT!

ulv

h.
Liero

thats extreme!r

Extremer

thats extreme!r

thats me

dougiie

CotC

we are awesome – such a well timed kritz ;)

but yeah, I love playing the map with friends – like last night, 4/5 of us demoman, with some kritz = funtimes

tragett

critastic

perry

[MIPC]

dustbowl would be an awesome competitive map, only problem is it takes so damn long =) Just put pro_dustbowl in the map pool ok plx

Tankkiller

Why did the ancient Coloseum in Rome get swarmed by people, although everything they could see was slaves being torn apart or gladiators murdering themselves?
Because the normal people want fun and ejoyment. Not every player is a comeptitiv player and YOU are not to judge them. You aren’t something better than them, you have both your map preferences so lets just stay it like it is.

Memento Mori

Why did the ancient Coloseum in Rome get swarmed by people, although everything they could see was slaves being torn apart or gladiators murdering themselves?
Because the normal people want fun and ejoyment. Not every player is a comeptitiv player and YOU are not to judge them. You aren’t something better than them, you have both your map preferences so lets just stay it like it is.

butthurt players – comparing dustbowl to roman war crimes est. 2009

wtf broken editing

Last edited by Memento Mori,

Sketch

MM

what the hell!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!! dont play enough public guys. dont you know every map ends in stalemate coz they are still stupid enough to run 32 man servers. gran=stalemate bad=stalemate=goldrush=stalemate=2fort=instastalemate. and so on and so forth. only answer is to not play public.

Add A Reply Pages: 1