Forum

2012?

Created 15th November 2009 @ 18:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Norris

roland emmerich does nothing but mainstream bs. all he does is he fires in some known actors and adds effects as much as possible to carry the weak story line. the movies appeal to nobody in general it’s just a waste of time. so not going to watch his useless shit anymore.

oh and 2013 is probably in the works….

Last edited by Norris,

Cloud

.wldcrd!

roland emmerich does nothing but mainstream bs. all he does is he fires in some known actors and adds effects as much as possible to carry the weak story line. the movies appeal to nobody in general it’s just a waste of time. so not going to watch his useless shit anymore.

oh and 2013 is probably in the works….

or you could just sit back, not be a film critic, and go EXPLOSIONS, YES!

Like any sane person :D

ulv

h.
Liero

Even the effects were bad in this one, and made no sense. Nothing made sense. Everything was a letdown in this one. There were indeed moments of comedy, apperantly to lighten the tension. But i thought the whole idea of the movie is to show the horrors of the apocalypse. There is no comedy in mass destruction!

This is a movie that implodes on itself so hard i have to sink so low as to say that only Rise of the Cobra is worse out of the bad movies ive seen or partly seen this year.

No, its not worth watching. Harry Potter is more plausible than this story, and The Core had better science.

xtala

Even the effects were bad in this one, and made no sense. Nothing made sense. Everything was a letdown in this one. There were indeed moments of comedy, apperantly to lighten the tension. But i thought the whole idea of the movie is to show the horrors of the apocalypse. There is no comedy in mass destruction!

This is a movie that implodes on itself so hard i have to sink so low as to say that only Rise of the Cobra is worse out of the bad movies ive seen or partly seen this year.

No, its not worth watching. Harry Potter is more plausible than this story, and The Core had better science.

Try Mega shark vs giant octopus

saiboat

Michael Bay – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd16_rLQ9jU

unrelated – but meh :)

oh my fucking god the exaggerated EXPBLALOLSIONS combo + the final two lines nearly killed me :DDDDDDDDD

alfa

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBizgLZX7W0

Last edited by alfa,

Dorkan

FB

i really like the special effects :)

(the film was already “released” with good quality)

hahahahaha I love that comment

Norris

yo needs more MBStyle :> this one rocks as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI6DVO3lC_U

Last edited by Norris,

SfynX

T2P

it was a great movie for the eyes…but you really, really cant take this movie seriously. didnt take them long to make this movie did it :D
CGI is the new storyline.

xtala

This? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBizgLZX7W0

Yes! It’s so bad that it’s awesome

n00ne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l411jIrS5pY

Tankkiller

Yeah, lets all jump on the “The movie sucks and its mainstream” bandwagon. I just came back from watching it and I must say I thought it was quite good. Of course the theory of an apocalypse is utter crap, but I found the character quite intriguing. There are still people who can enjoy an arrogant russian oligarch which acts like a bourgois changing into a careing father and saving his children at the end of the story.
There were several scenes that made you think deeper about all of this. In the beginning, it made you think of ethics. Who does really deserve to live, who doesnt. Why does a 60 year politician deserve to live, a young worker in his thirties doesnt. So if you have slightest interests in Philosophy you will really enjoy the film.
Those that are looking for a deep story will be dissapointed. To say it once more. It’s not about telling an epic story, but an mind experiment à la “what if…” and its consquences.

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

yeah, the unexpected twists and turns really kept me on the edge of my seat

xtala

Yeah, lets all jump on the “The movie sucks and its mainstream” bandwagon. I just came back from watching it and I must say I thought it was quite good. Of course the theory of an apocalypse is utter crap, but I found the character quite intriguing. There are still people who can enjoy an arrogant russian oligarch which acts like a bourgois changing into a careing father and saving his children at the end of the story.
There were several scenes that made you think deeper about all of this. In the beginning, it made you think of ethics. Who does really deserve to live, who doesnt. Why does a 60 year politician deserve to live, a young worker in his thirties doesnt. So if you have slightest interests in Philosophy you will really enjoy the film.
Those that are looking for a deep story will be dissapointed. To say it once more. It’s not about telling an epic story, but an mind experiment à la “what if…” and its consquences.

This is an Emmerich pic your talking about…
The sob that turns into a loving man has been done so many times, it’s not even funny anymore. If you honestly want to think about characters, try something like Memento.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Now memento is an awesome, if slightly confusing, film!

Probably the only film I’ve ever watched and wanted to watch again straight after it finished. Superb!

Last edited by Monkeh,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »