Forum

Message to the "TF2-is-dead" cynics

Created 10th October 2009 @ 13:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »

skinnie

TCM

Look at div1 nowadays and there are more lower standard div1 teams.

So lower div 1 teams getting worse, because good players are leaving, is a sign that the game *is’nt* dieing?

spot on

although I also agree it’s just sad to read the forums regularly and play tf2 just to say ‘tf2 is dead etc’

lets all wait for tf3

Skyride

DUCS

lets all wait for tf3

Sure, only thing is by that time half of us won’t remember our own names and Nightbox will have hit puberty.

Daggial

fap

We’ve seen a definate skill shift as the gap between the upper divisions has definately closed to a tighter level

not really, but i don’t expect this to happen

Last edited by Daggial,

cook

FB

I’m back. Game is now alive.

Topics over.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

The point is, the good players are leaving because valve have simply ignored the competitive side, the beta program is nothing more than a means for us to test their new guns for public play, the hats just keep the public players interested. In regards the competitive scene they’ve done nothing – even when they themselves admit the influence certain classes have over others in 6’s they’ve taken no steps to rectify the problems.

Depch

Who cares about mediocre div1 players leaving, there will be more as it will give more room for new players to play on that higher level, it’s often about experience anyways and there are plenty of new teams, even more than before. Fact is the game is slowly progressing on lower divisions too talent wise, problem just lies on the very top and a premiere division is indeed in place and would be a lot more interesting. That being said I don’t think there has been that many significant players gone from the scene that would help rest of the div1 clans compete against top4/5 (Masiina,Punpu,Mafu come to mind!=)).

TF2 3D challenge in Finland Assembly lans was a good succes and I can be positive and see TF2 getting a much larger role in upcoming Assembly lans too. Those who leave because they think the game ss dead are prolly players who want to compete only for the prizes, but unlikely will win anything in any other game either. The game will continue live anyways years to come for those who enjoy playing it.

Last edited by Depch,

skinnie

TCM

The point is, the good players are leaving because valve have simply ignored the competitive side, the beta program is nothing more than a means for us to test their new guns for public play, the hats just keep the public players interested. In regards the competitive scene they’ve done nothing – even when they themselves admit the influence certain classes have over others in 6’s they’ve taken no steps to rectify the problems.

and who are these good players u mention ?

compton

cvx|

This thread is really bizarre. You’d think that TF2 obviously isn’t dying as more and more clans are coming in, but somehow people seem so scared about it that they have to make threads like this, as if it would make any difference.

And there’s nothing concrete to show for it, just an idea in people’s heads. It’s not like team X has 5952xp and team Y has 4840xp therefore X > Y. Skill is just an idea and ideas are supposed to float around. You never know which team will win, because skill level is just an idea and represents nothing. It’s useless to go into great detail to argue on who’s better and who’s worse, because opinion and experience is such an individual thing.

And the top teams skill isn’t even related to the debate. A game can be well alive without having a clear pack of leading teams. I’d argue that this kind of game is more alive than a game with solid leading clans.

Who cares if someone else thinks this game is dying? Let him think that way and just enjoy the game while it’s being played.

Last edited by compton,

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Oh god. Compton you missed the point aswell. I’m not worried about tf2 dieing or anything like that. Nor am I afraid of people talking about it.
I played a dead game for a good 2-3 years after it even died, regardless of what people thought or did.

All I’m saying is; If you think the game is dead, then fuck off and stop whining on our forums. No one gives a shit, except you. The fact you give a shit shows you have some guilt or remorse. End of discussion.

Morty

RG

CS has lots of good maps

dust2 – pubbiemaster
nuke
inferno
mill – shit
fire – shit
strike – shit
train – shit
cbble – shit

compton

cvx|

Oh god. Compton you missed the point aswell. I’m not worried about tf2 dieing or anything like that. Nor am I afraid of people talking about it.
I played a dead game for a good 2-3 years after it even died, regardless of what people thought or did.

All I’m saying is; If you think the game is dead, then fuck off and stop whining on our forums. No one gives a shit, except you. The fact you give a shit shows you have some guilt or remorse. End of discussion.

Umm I’ve never personally heard “TF2 is dead” expressed in a serious manner and I think I follow ETF2L forums quite closely. So I can’t really see this massive whining you’re talking about.

Secondly, if you read your post, you mentioned nothing about whining; you were directly attacking people who think that way:

You kids are just plain dumb. You don’t even know the definition of “dead” (in relation to games anyway) if you think TF2 is dead.

And even if people would whine about it, who cares so much as to spark this kind of massive thread about it? There’s always the option to ignore the whiners, you know.

Last edited by compton,

san-

h.

http://etf2l.org/about/archives/1/1/

http://etf2l.org/league/tables/

Ino

dp.
dp.

TF2 is dead?
Oh no, this means I’m a necrophile!

troot

-9m-
DStS

Who cares about mediocre div1 players leaving, there will be more as it will give more room for new players to play on that higher level, it’s often about experience anyways and there are plenty of new teams, even more than before. Fact is the game is slowly progressing on lower divisions too talent wise, problem just lies on the very top and a premiere division is indeed in place and would be a lot more interesting. That being said I don’t think there has been that many significant players gone from the scene that would help rest of the div1 clans compete against top4/5 (Masiina,Punpu,Mafu come to mind!=)).

TF2 3D challenge in Finland Assembly lands was a good succes and I can be positive and see TF2 getting a much larger role in upcoming Assembly lans too. Those who leave because they think the game ss dead are prolly players who want to compete only for the prizes, but unlikely will win anything in any other game either. The game will continue live anyways years to come for those who enjoy playing it.

I agree completely with this quote,sums it up imo.
I still enjoy this game and will continue to,it’s more a question of quitting to rl because i can’t see any game or prospective game that can hold a light to tf2.
(although i am looking forward to ns2)

Last edited by troot,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »