Forum

Message to the "TF2-is-dead" cynics

Created 10th October 2009 @ 13:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

You kids are just plain dumb. You don’t even know the definition of “dead” (in relation to games anyway) if you think TF2 is dead. Sure TF2 has gone down hill a bit in recent days. We’ve seen a definate skill shift as the gap between the upper divisions has definately closed to a tighter level. You could say the skill level of Div1 has also fallen slightly, but still you also have a constant flock of new teams coming into the scene and moving up the ranks. You’re only saying TF2 is dead because you want some justification to quit, and also because you’re guilty of wanting to quit. It’s pathetic and I’ve seen it in so many games before.

Ta
(p.s. TF2 is not actually dead.)

elynn

ns is dead :/

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

ns is dead :/

now that’s true :<

xzr

elvis is dead

Evil

Sorry TF2 is dead and after i38 it’ll be buried

4/5 good teams from 330 + 3 good maps = BORE FEST

Last edited by Evil,

Swarley

cool^m

tfc is dead

AnimaL

such a fail topic tbh

“Sure TF2 has gone down hill a bit in recent days.”
wut

“We’ve seen a definate skill shift as the gap between the upper divisions has definately closed to a tighter level.”

rly? somehow i dont see anyone like empathy beating euro top5

see s5 for instance, most of div1 teams(if not all of em) could steal points from each other, get draws against dignitas, cc, or any other big name teams, make the top lvl competition interesting to specs… now its smth like empathy,dcsb,rockit,esrael,fb,idk,armed,lol,celsus…w/e… trying to get good, but failing to come close to any of that top5 skill lvl

edit: if etf2l would actualy made prem div, maybe would make it interesting, now its just lolz to watch “div1” clans loosing to div3 clans in pcws, simply cuz div3 clans are more skilled…

Last edited by AnimaL,

Morty

RG

Sorry TF2 is dead and after i38 it’ll be buried

3 good maps? amagad, are you daltonic or something? /irony

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

such a fail topic tbh

“Sure TF2 has gone down hill a bit in recent days.”
wut

“We’ve seen a definate skill shift as the gap between the upper divisions has definately closed to a tighter level.”

rly? somehow i dont see anyone like empathy beating euro top5

see s5 for instance, most of div1 teams(if not all of em) could steal points from each other, get draws against dignitas, cc, or any other big name teams, make the top lvl competition interesting to specs… now its smth like empathy,dcsb,rockit,esrael,fb,idk,armed,lol,celsus…w/e… trying to get good, but failing to come close to any of that top5 skill lvl

I think you completely missed the point.
I never said a div3 team could beat a top div1 team. I said the skill difference between div1 and div3 is closing. I never said a div3 team could beat a div1 team. I said it was getting tighter. Look at div1 nowadays and there are more lower standard div1 teams. I never said there weren’t any top-top teams, I just said the difference between (the gradient you could say) the divisions is alot smaller.

Please don’t even put empathy as an example either. This wasn’t an attempt to big up my team or somehow even use my team as an example. The fact you focus around empathy so much is worrying.

I’ve seen this “whine” in other games, and it always boils down to the same facts. I’m tired of people whining at a game being dead then either fixing it or just quitting. We don’t want to hear you cry weekly about the games state. We just want to play.

Way NOT to get the point animal.

Norris

the gap is closing because the few maps are played to death. every div5 player knows by now when to push on granary and when to switch class.

Evil

Look at div1 nowadays and there are more lower standard div1 teams.

So lower div 1 teams getting worse, because good players are leaving, is a sign that the game *is’nt* dieing?

Last edited by Evil,

eoN^

Gibbz, the reason why the “skill gap has closed” is because i think all the top teams took a massive break last holiday and didnt play for a month or two, hense losing their activity and a bit of teamwork, some of the not so top teams have now made their way up due to taking advantage of that (AL etc).

Point is in a month or two the gap will be massive again.

And Evil is right, no one wants to play the same map day in day out, we all say this and we have ALL had a chance to fix it so please dont whine about it, some of us did our part just because some of the higher div players couldnt be bothered to help this game out by play testing a few maps and giving a few comments shouldnt reflect badly on the people who did try to help.

So if anyone wants to make the arguement of “not enough maps” in the future you bloody well better of put effort into helping out one of the map makers.

Kudos to Arnold, Byte, Mangycatface or whatever hes called and all the other map makers who tried to save this game, pitty the people who want to play it are to damn lazy to put the effort in.

julieN1

cQr

depends on how you consider a game dead or not.

example of UT2004, most of us will agree that the game is “dead” however it still has teams playing it and some competitions, so what does that make of the game?

dougiie

CotC

Its a bit harsh to say 4/5 good teams… I know my team are low etc etc, but we all still enjoy the game and have fun playing it, and I presume the vast majority of teams in this game are happy. Just because some div1 people think the game is dead, doesnt actually mean its dead. If you think its ‘dead’, why do you still come to the forums/play? If its dead, just leave it and let the people who enjoy the game be :)

Kasuno

Deimos

Evil if u dont like the game then leave.
As Dougie says, a lot of low or midish teams enjoy playing this game so fuck off if super mega pros div1 players dont like it. Go cs 1.6

Last edited by Kasuno,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »