Forum

MW2 PC Delay

Created 8th October 2009 @ 18:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »

ambra

I cancelled too.. price is way too high

They’ve done this to cut piracy i’d reckon but they’ll probs end up losing more esp with no dedicated server support.

Yeah, they’re gonna lose shitloads of sales due to lack of a pre-release demo, lack of dedicated servers and the outrageous pricing but you know they’re gonna say it’s due to piracy.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I ordered it :D
CoD4 single-player was a jolly good romp!

Extremer

admirable, i am disappoint

eoN^

They’ve done this to cut piracy i’d reckon but they’ll probs end up losing more esp with no dedicated server support.

Yeah, they’re gonna lose shitloads of sales due to lack of a pre-release demo, lack of dedicated servers and the outrageous pricing but you know they’re gonna say it’s due to piracy.

[piracy]it is in part.

Pre-release demos arent needed to be honest…

Dedicated servers are on the other hand and without them the PC community cant play how THEY like to play, it may work for people who play 1 hour a week but are they what Infinity Ward see as their main customers, the guys who buy their games for a little bit of fun on the weekend or the people who will help the game get taken to LAN parties and get some of the biggest PC brands to sponsor tournaments for money, if that doesnt advertise a game well i have no clue what does.

Last edited by eoN^,

Pre-release demos arent needed to be honest…

Read http://insomnia.ac/commentary/pc_game_piracy/ or gtfo with unfounded statements like that. They are needed and the reason many ppl pirate games before they buy them (or dont).

I don’t even wanna discuss this any further, just giving my prediction what they’re gonna say why the game will have failed.

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

The fact its Peer2Peer as well :-) it may work for warcraft but its shocking for FPS games, i remember playing a free p2p fps called warrock. Lagged like michael j fox on a tumble dryer.

Waebi

‹Con›

single players usually linear and boring.

well, i like linear stuff, you know.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

single players usually linear and boring.

well, i like linear stuff, you know.

Well my cock is as linear as it gets Dominic and you fucking love it!

julieN1

cQr

i think the IWnet system will prolly be like QL.

Sekhel

dreams =/= reality

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I’m sabotaging the MW2 community with my consumer power!

Moar match-making pl0x! )))))

Last edited by Admirable,

iQue

keso

QL is on dedicated servers, and can’t have mod support for example because it’s advertisement funded to a large part.

MW2 is a regular retail game and not including dedicated server support is just stupid.

minimoose

I’m sabotaging the MW2 community with my consumer power!

Moar match-making pl0x! )))))

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/1815/original/exploitableiamdisappoinsv8.jpg

I refuse to buy a game which throttles it’s own community and at the same time trying to turn the PC into a console to get more money, dickheads.

This is one case where I would recommend piracy.

Last edited by minimoose,

ambra

well in the end i cancelled my preorder too… I’m not conviced by what the product offers at this stage and the price tag is outrageously right for what basically is a modded 4 with prettier graphics.

Even tho I acknowledge all the good sides and im quite a fan of the game, its just too much sudden change and I’m not conviced… I might consider picking this up lately if I get interested but I know the price wont lower a dollar (see cod 4, still 50 dollars)

I’d rather get a l4d2

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 13 Next »