Forum

CRT and windows 7 / GeForce 9800 GTX

Created 13th July 2009 @ 00:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Recently I upgraded to a new PC. The new i7’s. Performance wise it’s incredible and I love the fact I have a constant 100fps with people blowing up left, right and centre. However there is still a problem.

Apparently it’s a known problem that there is a gamma bug with the Geforce 9800 gtx and windows 7 drivers, so the games played seem much darker then usual. It’s fine in TF2 because it’s quite a bright game and I just jack brightness to full!

However in NS it’s extremely dark with my gamma settings on high. By tweaking my settings in the nvidia panel, I get a brighter game but with less colour and definition, and so it’s harder to see noticable models. The game is harder to play and much more ugly.

So I wanted to try my CRT (better colour depth and quality). I plugged in my CRT, and selected to load my OS. It gets to the windows is starting little icon, the booosh. My crt stops responding and won’t get recognized. Yet my LCD does.

So if anyone has any help or fixes for the following. Please do help.

(I’ve googled a ton!)

Waebi

‹Con›

people with CONSTANT >60fps are fuckers and deserve to die.
:((((((((((((((
<3

xzr

and people with less than constant 60 fps are medics?!

Waebi

‹Con›

or cant play anything else because of just that.

and people with less than constant 60 fps are medics?!

nah, they live on mountains making chocolate.

Waebi

‹Con›

nah, they live on mountains making chocolate.

chocolate isnt made on fucking MOUNTAINS!!11

Defur

or cant play anything else because of just that.

which is 100% true
it gets much easier when you upgrade tho, ill tell ya!

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Not being a dick or anything, but can we stay on topic to my problem guys ;)?

xzr

dick :(

fJack

k^m

i’ve just bought a crt and am planning to use windows 7 soon(ish) so i’ll be interested to hear what people come up with. does the monitor itself work fine with another OS/gfx card/pc setup? i don’t really know anything about this though, sure someone will

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Well the monitor worked fine on my Duo 2 Core 2.4 ghz, ect… same g-card. But that was a few months ago.

The monitor is still recognized by the PC and still works. When I turn the PC on, I still can see the display and pick my bio, or load the OS. BUT as soon as the OS loads, it cuts off. The display goes black and nothing is displayed.

If I go dual screens, my graphics card and PC both recognize the second monitor and I can change it’s properties. BUT the monitor still doesn’t display anything.

bice

Running a resolution on the LCD that the CRT cant support?

Noxious

[SpA]

What d!ce said.. Plugin your TFT again, select a 4:3 resolution that your CRT supports and then connect your CRT. Should work.

Add A Reply Pages: 1