Forum

Paying for tournaments

Created 2nd April 2016 @ 23:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1

a. larry

After 10 months of thinking about it, I’m going to hold a 2on2 tournament some time in the next few months (NOT JUST ULTI).

My main question is are people willing to pay like 1 Key each/2 keys per team to enter the tournament (as per Kanecos idea in Barry’s tf.tv post)? Keep in mind there is a guaranteed prizepool (currently around 90 Keys in items, selling them for keys atm)
Thinking of guaranteeing a prize for literally everyone even if its just stranges and killstreaks. Also definitely gonna guarantee that if you make the playoff bracket, you’ll make your investment back and then some.

I’m not sure if I’ll get any signups if there is a signup fee (as proven by barrys tournament with 6 teams signing up) but if there is a guaranteed prizepool independent of signups, perhaps more people will be interested?

I can provide more details if anyone is interested, or if you want to pm me your opinions rather than publicly slamming me :)

Last edited by a. larry,

Carlos Kaiser

Well, some people might assume that a guy with no officials in the last 3 months might just grab all the keys and run away, so you’ll probably need a well known person to hold the prize fund.

Other than that players that are just looking to have fun would probably be less keen to donate keys to a team of random prem players that are going to win anyway. Believe it or not, even a symbolic entrance fee is enough for many players to not enter.

a. larry

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

Well, some people might assume that a guy with no officials in the last 3 months might just grab all the keys and run away, so you’ll probably need a well known person to hold the prize fund.

Yeah, I see where you’re coming from. I can probably sort someone out to hold the prizepool. I’ll ask around

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

Other than that players that are just looking to have fun would probably be less keen to donate keys to a team of random prem players that are going to win anyway. Believe it or not, even a symbolic entrance fee is enough for many players to not enter.

Again, I see where you’re coming from. But, if there are enough signups, even with no fee, the idea is the top 20% go through to a playoff bracket for the big boy prizes – this allows for not just prem players to get the prizes (playoff teams will also make their investment back)

Thanks for your input :)

Last edited by a. larry,

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

Good idea, might be even better if it airs during the offseason. Paying isn’t an issue, as it may encourage player to take it seriously :)

Timus the cat

B5

dorothy just won high tier, we can trust him about keys i guess

a. larry

Quoted from Nevo

Good idea, might be even better if it airs during the offseason. Paying isn’t an issue, as it may encourage player to take it seriously :)

Thanks, appreciated

Quoted from Timus the cat

dorothy just won high tier, we can trust him about keys i guess

Best English teacher to noob Russians in High guaranteed!

Last edited by a. larry,

Funs

why did you delete me

Add A Reply Pages: 1