there’s only a couple skills that are actually viable

this is due to ridiculously bad scaling, for example the sentry gun has very very low hp while dealing 200 damage to enemies that have more than a million hp

the remote grenade deals a little more damage but not enough for me to replace it with something like support station, pulse, seeker mine or first aid

the shield or mobile cover serve very little purpose as you don’t really need them, and with the shield you can only use a pistol, and i’ve yet to find a pistol with high enough DPS to both deal damage and stop players from ignoring me because i won’t be dealing enough damage anyway

the individual skills also have cooldown that’s way too long (over 10 minutes?), which can barely get cut down with cooldown reduction (3% is the highest i’ve seen)

i feel like the whole security tree is completly useless and your team is better off with more healing and DPS buffs

the game seems like a heavily customizable game, and while that is true, a lot of stuff like most of the talents tree seems completly useless to me, and you might also want to grind DPS gear attributes (crit damage, crit chance, headshot damage) rather than 90% of the other attributes (basically all the attributes that benefit skills that no one uses like mobile cover damage, ballistic shield damage, scavenging, turret duration)