Forum

The Division (beta keys available)

Created 27th January 2016 @ 10:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

I like it.

The game feels a lot like h1z1 or dayz if anyone played that, but more refined and constrained to a specific area.
Basically, you start at the NYC docks, doing a bit of running around and a few tutorial missions to get your gear and levels going, but the real fun is in the Dark Zone.

The DZ is a PVP area which has better loot, but that loot isn’t yours until you extract it by chopper (which you have to shoot a flare for, wait 1.5 minutes and hope you don’t die in the meantime).

There are keys you can find by killing NPC’s (or by killing players :D ), which can open boxes that have good loot. And that’s where it goes a bit iffy. If you come across a person, you have to gauge if they’re trustworthy enough to let you live and if they don’t have friends.

Three of the biggest issues in the beta are a) content, b) the rogue system and c) performance

a) There isn’t enough content to get a good grasp of how well the game will be in the long run. Obviously it’s a beta, but you really hit the endgame quickly and from there on you just run around and hope to be able to open a box. Once that gets boring you head out and kill players for fun.

b) BAITED SoBayed
You can bait people into going rogue by shooting them once (less than 20% dmg). Your name will go red but you won’t be rogue yet. Unless they pay attention to the small skull newer players will open fire and you’re able to kill them without consequences. That has to change.

c) I have a BAD computer and with some LOD tricks I managed to get decent FPS and gameplay. But I keep hearing the game is badly optimised. There isn’t much the community team can do about it but I really hope the game will get constant updates to make the game smoother for low AND high end performances.

I’ve just read on the subreddit that anticheat will be implemented so I’m not going to comment on that.

The beta was fun, I had a great time playing it and watching streamers go through the game. A really interesting take on an FPS RPG on which I would spend countless hours if I had less self control.

Thanks for the invite, and too bad the companion app didn’t make it :(

ashkan

Quoted from kKaltUu

I like it.

The game feels a lot like h1z1 or dayz if anyone played that, but more refined and constrained to a specific area.
Basically, you start at the NYC docks, doing a bit of running around and a few tutorial missions to get your gear and levels going, but the real fun is in the Dark Zone.

The DZ is a PVP area which has better loot, but that loot isn’t yours until you extract it by chopper (which you have to shoot a flare for, wait 1.5 minutes and hope you don’t die in the meantime).

There are keys you can find by killing NPC’s (or by killing players :D ), which can open boxes that have good loot. And that’s where it goes a bit iffy. If you come across a person, you have to gauge if they’re trustworthy enough to let you live and if they don’t have friends.

Three of the biggest issues in the beta are a) content, b) the rogue system and c) performance

a) There isn’t enough content to get a good grasp of how well the game will be in the long run. Obviously it’s a beta, but you really hit the endgame quickly and from there on you just run around and hope to be able to open a box. Once that gets boring you head out and kill players for fun.

b) BAITED SoBayed
You can bait people into going rogue by shooting them once (less than 20% dmg). Your name will go red but you won’t be rogue yet. Unless they pay attention to the small skull newer players will open fire and you’re able to kill them without consequences. That has to change.

c) I have a BAD computer and with some LOD tricks I managed to get decent FPS and gameplay. But I keep hearing the game is badly optimised. There isn’t much the community team can do about it but I really hope the game will get constant updates to make the game smoother for low AND high end performances.

I’ve just read on the subreddit that anticheat will be implemented so I’m not going to comment on that.

The beta was fun, I had a great time playing it and watching streamers go through the game. A really interesting take on an FPS RPG on which I would spend countless hours if I had less self control.

Thanks for the invite, and too bad the companion app didn’t make it :(

Thanks for the feedback, I’m glad you got a chance to play. I agree about the companion app, it would have been really fun to try out. As far as companion apps go, that was the only one I’ve been excited about so far.

Quoted from kKaltUu

What GPU do you have? Asking because my CPU is decent but my GPU is really my worst handicap. Currently on AMD 6870s in Crossfire which only gives me 1gb vram. I’m curious if it’s at all capable of running this game on low. I was able to play The Witcher 3 with like 40 fps average, but devs care less and less about crossfire support.

Roks

#FreePat

I have my concerns about the game. I think it might have too little to offer. When it releases, sure there will be alot more to do: story mode, raids(?), more items, more customization, more skills to unlock. But the end game is a little worrying and I dont think it will keep people playing for a long time, and that in my opinion is one of the main objectives for a MMO game.

The Dark Zone is too repetitive – kill mobs, get items (that you dont really need for a maxed out gamer), gank other players. I’d like that this game would expand to more competition, rather than good old shooting random players you meet in the field. Maybe leaderboards, more objectives, maybe even matchmaking.
Just my 2 cents

quintosh

wL.

alliances and clan wars are a classic in MMOs

Last edited by quintosh,

Roks

#FreePat

Yep I agree. I recall myself spending a few hours a day at some point in my life watching some videos of pwnage in the open world pvp. However, this game is different. Its a shooter. Only a handful of skills to use at a time. “The division frag video” ? No thanks.

Last edited by Roks,

Atzebumm

(ETF2L Donator)
Dr. med.

Wasn’t expecting too much (not really type of game) and tried it out. It started great. Loved the setting and the atmosphere created in the destroyed snowy new york. The first fights started and that was a lot of fun too. Then you learn about your base and you can upgrade it. Pretty cool. Fun game. At that point I thought about getting it.

But really quick it became boring. Every fight felt thw same. Hide, shoot, enemy dead. On bosses hide, let them shoot, wait for animation where they dont shoot, shoot them, and repeat till the bulletsponge is dead.

So after I explored everything in the PvE-zone I went to the DZ. Managed to kill quite a few people. Even had a long and interesting fight. But after an hour it’s boring and repetetive.

I don’t know what they will add, but so far I feel this game is lacking content and motivation to play past the first few hours.

But well, let’s see how the full version plays out.

ashkan

Quoted from Atzebumm

Wasn’t expecting too much (not really type of game) and tried it out. It started great. Loved the setting and the atmosphere created in the destroyed snowy new york. The first fights started and that was a lot of fun too. Then you learn about your base and you can upgrade it. Pretty cool. Fun game. At that point I thought about getting it.

But really quick it became boring. Every fight felt thw same. Hide, shoot, enemy dead. On bosses hide, let them shoot, wait for animation where they dont shoot, shoot them, and repeat till the bulletsponge is dead.

So after I explored everything in the PvE-zone I went to the DZ. Managed to kill quite a few people. Even had a long and interesting fight. But after an hour it’s boring and repetetive.

I don’t know what they will add, but so far I feel this game is lacking content and motivation to play past the first few hours.

But well, let’s see how the full version plays out.

Okay. What about multiplayer? Did you get a chance to play PvE or PvP in coop?

Atzebumm

(ETF2L Donator)
Dr. med.

Quoted from ashkan

[…]

Okay. What about multiplayer? Did you get a chance to play PvE or PvP in coop?

Didn’t have a chance to do some coop, none of my friends are interested in this game :(

But how does coop differ to singleplayer experience? Except for being more fun (because you play with others) I fear it will still be pretty repetetive.

But then again, most of this can be blamed on the fact that it is just maybe not my type of game.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

this game is definetly a party game for me. I spent a few hours playing it solo and the campaign was alright but repetetive solo the deadzoning was the worst when solo. You would be absolutely trashed by groups of people playing together and would struggle to get anything out of it. I think its the games biggest fault that it doesnt promote all kinds of play and just give the benefit to the most organized.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

I only got to play for a day and didn’t get to explore that much, but despite not really being the type of game I am into, I really liked this one and look forward to the release. I agree with some of what kaltu said above, but since I had little play time , nothing really felt that bad to me. The movements were sometimes a bit jerky (aiming where to take cover and the like). Had fun.

ashkan

So now that the game has been out for a few days, has anyone had a chance to play it properly? How are you liking it so far?

Quoted from ashkan

So now that the game has been out for a few days, has anyone had a chance to play it properly? How are you liking it so far?

The game has solid shooting and cover mechanics. I am really enjoying it. However i feel like there is a lack of variety in what you are doing. It all boils down to hold F on the thing then kill everyone then repeat.

I don’t mind repetition personally but i think a lot of people might give up before they reach max level.

Dark zone is incredible and probably one of the best things to do in the game.

<3

Last edited by Turbo,

XO -

I like the game but I wish there was better single player havent finished yet but I allready forgot about the story it´s just is mostly multiplayer and doing a little side missions, in those kind of games I allways like to finish the single player first and then go multiplayer and yes the dark zone is really fun.
One thing witch is really annoying: I always get teleported to some diffrent position. When I want to play a mission in multiplayer it loads and then I get tp to the same location I was but not to the players I was gonna play with so I have to tp again to them or somewhere else and in the dark zone when i join players there it says I am in some other bracket so I can see them on the map but cant join them, why cant it be easy and just play with them???

Last edited by XO -,

XO -

If anyone is playing add me up need players to play dark zone with.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »