Forum

A short questionnaire about online nicknames

Created 9th December 2015 @ 17:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Mike

TEZC

Hi all

As part of my 3rd and final year of my BA psychology course at Swansea uni, I’m doing my 3rd year project on thoughts & feelings about online nicknames and gaming, investigated through a web-based questionnaire. The questionnaire also contains items regarding competitiveness and a section regarding competitive tf2 players specifically, since I wanted to investigate TF2 league participants and see if this competitive element affects nicknames, competitive values and so forth.

http://psy.swansea.ac.uk/questionnaires/792753/

The questionnaire is linked above and there is more information there. Some of the questions may seem quite casual, but it shouldn’t be difficult to fill in and can be completed in about 15-25 minutes.

Thanks to all that fill it out, I’ll appreciate it very much!

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

Interesting angle to look at the subject from, got me to genuinely wonder if there is a correlation there. I filled it in – do you think there’s any chance we’ll hear of any cool and/or interesting findings when it’s completed? :>

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Forty-Two

Interesting angle to look at the subject from, got me to genuinely wonder if there is a correlation there. I filled it in – do you think there’s any chance we’ll hear of any cool and/or interesting findings when it’s completed? :>

i’ll link my report here when its done (whether it gets published or not). variations of this study that were run previous years did find correlations but did not include a competitive aspect (in the form of tf2 league competition and also some of the items at the end of the questionnaires). the previous variations also focused more on bot matches and coop. I’m hoping to find a relationship between how seriously you take the game, competitiveness & attitudes towards nicknames but who knows

p.s. thank you!

Last edited by Mike,

letto

took part, i hope something intriguing comes up :)

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Ayyy 3rd year Psychology unite!

lol BA

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Morphine

Ayyy 3rd year Psychology unite!

lol BA

lol BA? >:(

STOGE

TDP

Filled it in, would love to see the report when it’s done.

Setlet

The part about my and other people’s view about my nickname is super hard. I’ve literally never considered those options nor heard anyone else commentating my nick.

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Setlet

The part about my and other people’s view about my nickname is super hard. I’ve literally never considered those options nor heard anyone else commentating my nick.

yeah, a friend of mine had the same issue. it’s more about just what you think other people think about your nickname and doesn’t have to be based on actual experiences (such as comments from other ppl about your nickname)

PuzZle

Boys
GG

ppl obviously know by my name that I am super cool and serious gamer, aswell as mega successful… you can tell by the capital Z Kappa

jks aside I did the survey, looking forward to the result

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Just finished it

How many people filled it out so far?

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from DCS

Just finished it

How many people filled it out so far?

about 400 :)

Pred

Cool survey,really interested to see the report once you finish.

Clark

SDCK!

Dr. Rob Lowe, Department of Psychology, Swansea University, [email protected]

It must be cool to have a name of a famous actor :D

.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

Tried it on my phone, then i noticed i dont have 20 mins at a time to fill it out in one run since it seems to reset after some time when tabbed out .___.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »