Forum

Recommend a headset

Created 18th September 2015 @ 19:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

olBaa

Heyo!

For ages I was using a shitty Logitech webcam as a mic, and I’m looking to buy a headset. Is there anything to look for besides hyperx cloud II?

I am aware of the headphones+mic solution, just assume it isn’t feasible.

Suggestions?

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

I was going to suggest hyperX cloud 2…..

Battos

pd!

If you have a good budget. The Sennheiser G4me Zero is very good.

EmilioEstevez

GG

I have a Sennheiser PC350SE. I had to mod them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFjm96M-QQg

But once I did they’re the best headphones I’ve owned and the built in mic is very good.

kpopfan69

GADOU

I’ve heard a lot of good things about sennheiser stuff

Last edited by kpopfan69,

MatteX

BMS

I’ve found Steelseries Siberia V2 solid in all aspects. Isn’t too expensive either. Recently upgraded to Siberia V3, really solid also.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

hyperX cloud, very comfy, good sound and decent mic.

Last edited by Toba,

Clark

SDCK!

Siberia V2 is the best headset I’ve used and I had more than five different kinds in the last 7 years. I suppose V3 is very good as well but the price for V2 is a lot better it seems.

XO -

steelseries elite prism are great really comfy and sound is great you can use them for hours and don´t feel a thing.

potte

cm storm pitch inear + g230

olBaa

Quoted from potte

cm storm pitch inear + g230

how mad should you be to use this combo

oxocuboid

(ETF2L Donator)
LOOΠΔ

Quoted from Clark

Siberia V2 is the best headset I’ve used and I had more than five different kinds in the last 7 years.

People always seem to be very quick to slam headsets and recommend a Cans+Mic combo, but you really can’t go wrong with the SteelSeries Siberia V2. The mic is good (and retractable) and the sound quality is decent for video gaming. It’s cheap as hell and sturdy to boot.

Mine have been shoved in a bag and sent from uni and back about a billion times, plus survived LAN. I haven’t spoken to a single person who’s owned a pair and regretted the purchase.

Go Siberia V2 or go home.

STOGE

TDP

Sibera V2 is the best headset I’ve ever used

If you want headphones + a seperate mic though I’d highly recommend buying either a Modmic or a Zalman mic and looking at the following table (which may be outdated, but still good):

http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/35/1186x5700px-LL-35057cca_Portableheadphoneschartljokerl.png

I personally use the Sennheiser HD428 with a Modmic and would highly recommend, although they do somewhat leak sound (if you have it up high enough), but that’s about the only thing I can fault them for.

Last edited by STOGE,

MoistPenguin

TC

I am no audiophile but ive used the plantronics 380 for almost two years now. They work just as well as when I bought them, and I havent kept the best care of them. So for £30 they are a very good budget headset, but if you can spend more you can probably get a better pair. However when/if these eventually break I am just going to buy another pair.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from oxocuboid

[…]

People always seem to be very quick to slam headsets and recommend a Cans+Mic combo, but you really can’t go wrong with the SteelSeries Siberia V2. The mic is good (and retractable) and the sound quality is decent for video gaming. It’s cheap as hell and sturdy to boot.

the retractable mic as well as the usb soundcard are the things most likely to break and their RMA is really bad

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »