Forum

Windows 10

Created 30th July 2015 @ 11:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

sorsa

mooz

Anyone have it yet? How is it? I’m on vacation but I want to know ;__;

Burn

It’s on microsoft dreamspark for education and enterprises, at least. Should come shortly to consumers aswell.

http://imgur.com/bDXZN5a

nole

BWB

7 all the way

rockie

just forced the update, cba waiting more

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from Burn

It’s on microsoft dreamspark for education and enterprises

I lost access to my dreamspark literally last week :'(

kpopfan69

GADOU

I’m still fine with 7, dont see a reason to change

Burn

Based on the technical preview it really seems to be an upgrade from the past versions, and the new browser, edge, feels really fast too. Looking forward to this

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

You can force the install instead of the staggered rollout by using this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and it was surprisingly slick. All the libraries, shortcuts and even web browser logins were intact. It seems like a wierd bastard of Win 7/8, leftover features from 7 found their way in here and doesn’t quite merge into one (Settings/Control Panel for example). I disabled Cortana and all the apps wank which I will never use.

The only real problem so far is that the free copy of OneNote you get has completely fucked my Office 2013 install, so I need to reinstall that. I’m not sure if you can still use a product key instead of a Live ID, hopefully you can.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

NeuTronas

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

You can force the install instead of the staggered rollout by using this:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

I upgraded from Windows 7 and it was surprisingly slick. All the libraries, shortcuts and even web browser logins were intact. It seems like a wierd bastard of win 7/8, leftover features from 7 found their way in here and doesn’t quite merge into one (Settings/Control Panel for example). I disabled Cortana and all the apps wank which I will never use.

The only real problem so far is that the free copy of OneNote you get has completely fucked my Office 2013 install, so I need to reinstall that. I’m not sure if you can still use a product key instead of a Live ID, hopefully you can.

I don’t have “Get Windows 10” app. So I can’t reseve mine. Tried doing through that tool:
http://i.imgur.com/2EiO07x.png

Downloading from DreamSpark now :(

Last edited by NeuTronas,

rockie

upgraded, it looks very good, some of the stupid things there were on 8.1 disappeared. Also i had a problem with activation (my 8.1 copy was original, lol) and i found a retarded fix on the internet, just needed to mash activate button even if it’s non responsive

Pete_

PrettyGay

Just upgraded from windows 7 HP and I thought it was going to keep my files but apparently most of my files are gone, most notably my entire steam folder.
This is annoying

Last edited by Pete_,

rockie

Quoted from Pete_

Just upgraded from windows 7 HP and I thought it was going to keep my files but apparently most of my files are gone, most notably my entire steam folder.
This is annoying

that’s pretty weird, i found datas untouched, i went play dota right after the update was done

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from rockie

[…]

that’s pretty weird, i found datas untouched, i went play dota right after the update was done

I’ve luckily made a backup before the update so I will most probably have all my files back by the time this is going to be finished.

rockie

Quoted from Pete_

[…]
I’ve luckily made a backup before the update so I will most probably have all my files back by the time this is going to be finished.

have you checked for Windows.old folder or something similar, it’s very weird everything got deleted by simply upgrading it

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from rockie

[…]

have you checked for Windows.old folder or something similar, it’s very weird everything got deleted by simply upgrading it

yeah I checked it but it doesnt have it. It’s fine tho I restored all the files now so everything is back to normal

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »