Forum

BT Infinity

Created 20th July 2015 @ 11:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Thinking of getting BT Infinity 1 for my house next year, has to be good enough for streaming though. I’m sure 2 would be but trying to save a couple hundred since the speed difference doesn’t seem too large.

Anyone used this? Upload speed is the main issue, and any limiting.

byte

Had BT Infinity 2 for over 3 years now, solid as hell. Has 1 or 2 disconnects within a month but it lasts about 1min – 5mins max. This is the no capped usage package too and speeds of up to 80mbps n 20mbps up.

I think it really depends on area as with any isp, but yeah no problems and would defo recommend it, it is a bit pricey but the reliability u get from it, is worth it.

Cheers

Byte

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Agree with Byte, no problems with it, only issue I have is a live in a house where 5 other people are using the internet and I got a wireless connection.

The area you live in is also very important, some of the villages around here don’t have the option.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Yeah I’m pretty set on getting it, I just dont know whether to save money and go for the 1 instead of 2.

H...

-[MG]-
HL

I’ve been on Infinity 1 for 3 years now.

Reading the BT sales blurb my d/l rate should be capped at 38Mb, which is speedtest confirms.
The u/l rate should be capped at 9.5Mb but speedtest shows I have 12Mb.

I expect that they are not as stringent on capping u/l as opposed to the d/l (for my line anyway).

Silentes

wG

It’s been very good and have had no major issues with it when being the only user but it doesn’t seem to handle multiple users well

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

probably worth seeing if you can find any discussions about the service quality in your area, where I used to live with my parents BT were absolute dog shit, like literally dog shit, constant spikes and shitty reliability, VM was the preferred provider there.

where I live now BT is awesome and VM is shit. I have BT infinity and it’s pretty reliable, we had a few issues with it disconnecting every so often at during the first 5 – 7 months but now we have no issues at all.

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Wired connection is fine, although the wireless needs resetting every 3-4 days to keep it from disconnecting frequently. But that’s no real drama compared to the results I get

Add A Reply Pages: 1