Forum

Recommend me tv series

Created 21st May 2015 @ 15:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

It feels like there have been numerous threads like this one, but I cannot seem to find any that are not 3+ years old or so.

I’ve seen (in alphabetical order):

Top 5
Breaking Bad
Fargo
Game of Thrones
House of Cards
True Detective

Archer
Band of Brothers
Better Call Saul
Bob’s Burgers
Boardwalk Empire (didnt finish, too much relationship drama)
Burn Notice (didnt finish, only watched it casually)
Chuck
Daredevil
Deadwood
Dexter
Doctor Who (didnt finish, but intend to at some point)
Firefly
Gotham
Hannibal
Homeland
Lost
Mad Men
Parks & Recreation
Person of Interest (didnt finish, only watched it casually)
Prison Break
Rick & Morty
Rubicon
Sherlock
Sons of Anarchy
Suits
The Newsroom
The Pacific
The Walking Dead
TURN: Washington’s Spies
Vikings
White Collar (didnt finish, but intend to at some point)

I’ve been thinking about starting with:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Arrow
Bosch
Elementary
Empire
Hell on Wheels
Justified
Marco Polo
Orange is the New Black
Quantico
Silicon Valley
The Americans
The Flash

I like tv series that have a golden thread throughout them, where every episode pushs the story further. I can watch stuff like How I Met Your Mother or Big Bang Theory and you could argue that the story develops as well. But in the end its the same old, girlfriends may change or people get married or whatever, but I can skip entire seasons and its more or less the same. Skip a season of Breaking Bad and you have no idea what’s going on anymore.

So tell me, have you seen any of the series I’ve been considering, can you recommend them or do you have other recommendations, in general and maybe even based of what I’ve seen. Thanks.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Sonny Black

I like tv series that have a golden thread throughout them, where every episode pushs the story further. I can watch stuff like How I Met Your Mother or Big Bang Theory and you could argue that the story develops as well. But in the end its the same old, girlfriends may change or people get married or whatever, but I can skip entire seasons and its more or less the same. Skip a season of Breaking Bad and you have no idea what’s going on anymore.

So tell me, have you seen any of the series I’ve been considering, can you recommend them or do you have other recommendations, in general and maybe even based of what I’ve seen. Thanks.

Out of the ones you’re considering, I’ve seen arrow, flash, and elementary (or at least season 1)

the cw super-hero stuff seems to have a general story happening every season. arrow kinda has two stories running at the same time with flashbacks. Leads to a climax towards the end of the seasons, and if you’ve ever read any DC comics it’s always fun to see all the hints and nods towards them :P

Elementary was good as far as I can remember, I think they kinda tied things up so a lot of the crimes were related to the bigger villain. Even though I can’t exactly remember the story, I do remember enjoying the show even though it got slightly(heh) overshadowed by the BBC sherlock.

GL with the binge-watching!

Last edited by Tornf4lk,

spammyh

brew

I’d go with The Americans. Story itself seems kinda decent and all of that. If you’re interested, it’s about two Soviet intelligence agents pose as a married couple to spy on the American government.

Last edited by spammyh,

loopster

The americans is great

Relior

hf

i strongly suggest supernatural if you like this kind of genre. the first 3 seasons or so there will not be as much story as you might want it to have but it will focus much more on the story itself after that. beforehand it mainly focuses on single cases in every episode but i have to say that i even prefer it over breaking bad or game of thrones

Serotone

#FreePat

You’ve seen all that but not The Wire?

Sheeeeeeeit.

evokje

WiK?

Silicon Valley is great

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Serotone

You’ve seen all that but not The Wire?

Sheeeeeeeit.

I tried to, watched most of the first season, but it never really appealed to me.

dAGNER

duplo

The Eric André Show
Kappa

RTC

Definitely give Orange Is The New Black a chance. I’ve started to get more and more into it recently.

The Wire is also great. Fucking love Aidan Gillen.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

American Horror Story is pretty decent, although each season has a contained story.

I guess Oz is the big omission in your list?

Hank

FAINT

24 is decent

Last edited by Hank,

H...

-[MG]-
HL

I’m not sure how much will be lost in translation are it’s rather English but Peaky Blinders is worth a go.

alba

duplo

supernatural is pretty good, there is always a main mission the season is based on while doing smaller missions in the episodes and stuff like that

Last edited by alba,

Clark

SDCK!

No love for The Sopranos? Anyone? It’s phenomenal.

Also, yes, Silicon Valley is perhaps the best new comedy of the recent years. Brooklyn Nine-Nine is great as well, although it doesn’t fit your criteria of having one main storyline going throughout the whole season/whole show.

Btw, this topic is only 1.5 years years old: http://etf2l.org/forum/off-topic/topic-27189/

Last edited by Clark,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »