Forum

Skiers/Snowboarders

Created 11th April 2015 @ 20:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Samsa

alus

Davos is a really nice location but if you cant afford that or just dont want to ruin yourself go to austria.

Last edited by Samsa,

Xabi

Quoted from kos

Been going to Chamonix for about 10 years now snowboarding and skiing and can highly recommend, good variety but is probably more skiier friendly than snowboarder. Val d’isere was really good but best for snowboarding that I’ve been to is Val Thorens. Huge resort lots of variety and the town’s good fun as well. France is probably more expensive than austria, andorra et.c. but I can’t really comment on them.

I lived in Chamonix and I can honestly say it’s definitely not the best place for skiing and snowboarding ( Unless you wanna do the ( Vallée Blanche ” ) and it’s also very expensive. Avoriaz, Alpe d’Huez, les 2 Alpes are great but Tignes is probably THE place to be if you like snowboarding.

Last edited by Xabi,

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

Foux D’Alos is fine if you want something cheap. That’s my skier point of view thought.

frixx

LG

Quoted from Pete_

basically anything in austria is both cheap and amazing to ski

Not really tbh if you check the 1 day prices its always 40-50 eur which is a lot for just 1 day of skiing. Obviously if you take a ticket for longer period it will come cheaper.

Hallow

P.O.P

idk im pretty sure if money is a concern the alps isnt the best place. its always gonna cost a crapton of money. then again all the best resorts are there so idk

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Only place I have been skiing outside of Scandinavia was Italy, and I honestly prefered that. Way cheaper too

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Scissors

Only place I have been skiing outside of Scandinavia was Italy, and I honestly prefered that. Way cheaper too

cheaper than scandinavia? all ive heard is that any alp resort is way expensive, even when compared to places like åre

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Hallow

cheaper than scandinavia? all ive heard is that any alp resort is way expensive, even when compared to places like åre

I just remember it felt like we had absolutely no money to throw around in Norway, whereas we lived like kings in Italy. Maybe it was just my financial situations at the times, but that’s just how I remember it.

Bona

PMW

Austria, besides the great places to ski which are often really modern, it has great cheap food and nice people

If you want something cheap then I don’t think Norway is a good idea, even though the resorts are very nice I’m not sure they’re worth the price tag.

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

I just remember it felt like we had absolutely no money to throw around in Norway, whereas we lived like kings in Italy. Maybe it was just my financial situations at the times, but that’s just how I remember it.

lol yeah payed 30 euros for hamburger and a drink @lilyhammer i was thinking about sweden. my understanding is that the bigger alp resorts are even worse tho

Quoted from Hallow

[…] lol yeah payed 30 euros for hamburger and a drink @lilyhammer i was thinking about sweden. my understanding is that the bigger alp resorts are even worse tho

never fucking go to lillehammer

Hallow

P.O.P

wasnt in lillehammer just cant remember the nearby slopes i visited.

Sigma

TC

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

andorra soldeu is my favourite, it has a really large variety of slopes inc. a few half pipe style ones, ones with moguls, it has show jump ramp things (but these are spread around the range, which needs additional pass afaik) and some hotels are basically ski-in so that’s pretty convenient and the prices are generally not too bad if you book early or outside the half term rush.

the downside is that there’s not a huge period of time where the snows actually good so you have to make sure you go when the forecast is nice

Went here 2 weeks ago and was really good + its really cheap because no tax or something

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2