Forum

Skiers/Snowboarders

Created 11th April 2015 @ 20:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Blinky

Ayo, been skiing and snowboarding since i was 5. For next year i’m planning to go in some euro country which is decent for either skiing or snowboarding. Can any of you guys suggest me the best country-resort? I’m thinking about going in: http://www.fjordnorway.com/en/, but interested in others too…

frixx

LG

Yes, for instance here in slovenia there are a lot of good offers for ski openings in France. For example last year I went with my friends in France and I payed 125 eur for 7 days of sleeping apartment at 6 day skiticket. The apartments were cool but small but the ski resort was really big and it was overall fun. So if your looking for something cheap but tons of fun you should look up at some of this.

Otherwise I would suggest you to go to Kals-Matrei in Austria. My favourite of all time

Last edited by frixx,

Blinky

Quoted from frixx

Yes, for instance here in slovenia there are a lot of good offers for ski openings in France. For example last year I went with my friends in France and I payed 125 eur for 7 days of sleeping apartment at 6 day skiticket. The apartments were cool but small but the ski resort was really big and it was overall fun. So if your looking for something cheap but tons of fun you should look up at some of this.

Otherwise I would suggest you to go to Kals-Matrei in Austria. My favourite of all time

Yeah, i’m mainly looking for cheap one. Do you remember the name of that resort? Thanks for attention, looks interesting

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

andorra soldeu is my favourite, it has a really large variety of slopes inc. a few half pipe style ones, ones with moguls, it has show jump ramp things (but these are spread around the range, which needs additional pass afaik) and some hotels are basically ski-in so that’s pretty convenient and the prices are generally not too bad if you book early or outside the half term rush.

the downside is that there’s not a huge period of time where the snows actually good so you have to make sure you go when the forecast is nice

frixx

LG

Quoted from Blinky

[…]

Yeah, i’m mainly looking for cheap one. Do you remember the name of that resort? Thanks for attention, looks interesting

Ye it was Risoul and Vars (basically one huge resort) and the apartments were like 100m away from the lift.

R4ndom

Devon

Swiss Alps best Alps.

Era

(ETF2L Donator)
Muss Los

Montafon in Austria is a great ski resort

Blinky

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

andorra soldeu is my favourite, it has a really large variety of slopes inc. a few half pipe style ones, ones with moguls, it has show jump ramp things (but these are spread around the range, which needs additional pass afaik) and some hotels are basically ski-in so that’s pretty convenient and the prices are generally not too bad if you book early or outside the half term rush.

the downside is that there’s not a huge period of time where the snows actually good so you have to make sure you go when the forecast is nice

Well yeah, i prefer big slopes…There are some here in Georgia, but i’m bored after so many years of same resorts and roads :D thanks will check it out.

Quoted from frixx

[…]

Ye it was Risoul and Vars (basically one huge resort) and the apartments were like 100m away from the lift.

Thanks a lot, will definitely check it out.

Blinky

Quoted from Era

Montafon in Austria is a great ski resort

Hmm, how cheap is that? i’m whiling to go for a week or two.

CHERRY

You can get one pass for the whole Dolomites (south tyrol) the price is around 250 euro for an adult iirc.

loopster

Meribel in France, only english people or avoriaz for the snowpark.

Pete_

PrettyGay

basically anything in austria is both cheap and amazing to ski

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

I cant say anything about the actual ski resort you linked for Norway but I can say it’s the most amazing and most beautiful country I’ve ever visited. Would always be a country I would recommend to visit.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Don’t even think about Nordic countries if you want to go cheap. Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world. Same goes for Finland and Sweden, and Norway is even more expensive.

If you have the dosh, then you can’t go wrong with the fjords. But expect to pay almost 10eur for a big mac meal. The prices are ridiculous compared to Georgia.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

kos

ft.
bobs

Been going to Chamonix for about 10 years now snowboarding and skiing and can highly recommend, good variety but is probably more skiier friendly than snowboarder. Val d’isere was really good but best for snowboarding that I’ve been to is Val Thorens. Huge resort lots of variety and the town’s good fun as well. France is probably more expensive than austria, andorra et.c. but I can’t really comment on them.

Last edited by kos,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »