Forum

What's the most gear?

Created 25th November 2014 @ 13:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

BRASILGORILA99

My mouse is a black R.A.T 9 from Mad Catz and it is amazing becouse you can personalize it so it feels better in your hand, the only downside is that its with batteries, not a cable.

torden

broder
syster

Nice, thanks for all the responses with this! Funny about mice, a while back it seemed it was all about deathadder vs xai vs 518. Half the posts here so far are Zowies.

Konr, how comes you changed keyboards?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

If you are looking to design a mouse that appeals to gamers you shouldn’t ask this forum, because PC FPS gamers are a dying breed. They actually want the core function of a mouse (translating phsyical movement to virtual movement) to be as accurate as possible; a desire which barely exists amongst the average gamer.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from skeej

If you are looking to design a mouse that appeals to gamers you shouldn’t ask this forum, because PC FPS gamers are a dying breed. They actually want the core function of a mouse (translating phsyical movement to virtual movement) to be as accurate as possible; a desire which barely exists amongst the average gamer.

Dunno, the csgo scene has grown a lot

unu

Mouse: Zowie EC2 – I have small hands and it fits me perfectly.
Keyboard: Just a cheap Logitech K120, thinking about upgrading.
Headset: Logitech G430: Kinda pissed about the microphone fading out, a known issue and a fix for the drivers have been requested many times on Logitech’s website but nothing have been done from Logitech to fix it. Annoying as hell. Other than that it’s pretty solid.

.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

1) add rgb leds
2) add 2-3 extra buttons
3) higher dpi (but still a precise one) sensor
4) advertise how cool and flashy it looks
5)???
6) maybe profit

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Mouse: Zowie AM – One of the best mice I’ve had, I’ve loved it as much as my old Logitech MX518. No flashing lights, no drivers needed, the thing just works. It’s a good weight for me, nice size and there is some programmable features that you can use without software.

Keyboard: Duckyshine 3 10 Keyless – Again one of the best Keyboards I’ve had, really love the customisation of keys and lights, the media keys are a really good addition and I cannot really fault it. I did have a Filco Majestouch which I liked as well but it was too big with the addition of the numpad and ever since I’ve had a tenkeyless on I can’t go back to full size.

I think a lot of keyboards aren’t really putting enough thought in to small form factor, and focus more on having a load of extra keys you don’t need.

Headset: HyperX Cloud – Now headsets have been a main gripe for me, I’ve had the expensive headphone + microphone combo because I haven’t found a good enough headset but now I have. It’s really well designed, comes with different pads as well, extension cables the lot. The microphone is very good quality and the sound is incredibly good for what is mainly a gaming headset. I’ve had loads of headsets in the past and none of them have impressed me this much.

torden

broder
syster

Quoted from skeej

This little post is more like an first finger into the ground, as well as simple curiosity.

In terms of the average gamer, you might be right! I still have fond memories of playing prem with 25fps maxed graphics, mouse accel at half a cm for a 360, and a crappy table stand mic – which apparantly made it sound like I was maincalling from the toilet next door.

I dunno much about the other games yet (lol, sc etc), but don’t they want accurate gear too?

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Games from MOBA don’t really care about the more intricate parts of mice, they care more about comfort, reliability and perhaps customising the mouse more (side buttons etc). Like, when you play Dota2/LoL you don’t really need a mouse with a lot of extra buttons but it can be helpful for some. With games like WoW, FF14 I would say that it can be helpful for people as it normally requires a lot more button pressing.

FPS players, especially people from Arena FPS’s care more about the finer details like weight, shape, sensors, liftoff distance, speed etc (The older Windows mice being probably the prefered favourite still).

Logitech can be a good example of decent gaming mice, they have a good history of having some really durable ones (MX518), they make really good entry level mice that are well priced like the MX518, G400 and the G100S that are really popular, but the mice in the higher price range seem to be pretty wank in comparison. I know a few people that stand by their MMO gaming mice as they come with a shit ton of buttons.

mhwk

wookie
VDOH

Mouse: Logitech G400s – I’ve been using Logitechs for quite a while now and I really can’t say anything bad about them. Just as WAR said, no flashing lights, no need for useless drivers, low amount of extra buttons is a huge plus too (although, I’d remove those buttons on right side), the weight is perfect and so is the size. And since Logitech has reinforced the rubber cable there’s zero need for those shitty cloth ones.

Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire Pro – Went for this one because it’s probably the best mech keyboard on czech market. The backlight is completely uselss in my opinion and so is the numpad. Will go for some ducky tenkeyless one as soon as I can. Also the clicky, blue switches are the best.

Headset: ROCCAT Kave – Heavy as fuck and probably wouldn’t recommend it. The design as a whole is nice, especially the equalizer. Bought them only because it has one of the best 5.1 sounds I’ve ever heard from headphones. The microphone is cool I guess, never heard any complains about how my voice sounds. The sound isn’t also that bad but having them on my head for more than 8 hours makes my head hurt really bad.

Last edited by mhwk,

rockie

Mouse: Zowie EC2 eVo (wonnered at lan1!!!11!1!!!!!111) a total upgrade from my old G500 and G500s, far better sensor, better shape, lighter, far better cable, but worse LOD, it’s around 1.5mm on this, on logitechs was higher than 2mm and i felt much better with that, the scroll wheel is low quality also at 16 steps is aids to scroll when like surfing the internet, and its click is too stiff unless i click it right in the center, the EC2 is the smallest version of the EC series, prolly i’d have enjoyed more the bigger EC1, but well, i’m kinda waiting for the new EC series to come out.

Keyboard: Qpad Mk-80 Cherry Mx Brown, UK layout, the build quality is pretty good, i think it has the best keycaps you could ever find on the market, the audio plugs on the back of it are perfect, i guess they shielded very well the wires, idd there’s no human perceptible noise, the usb ports are just decent, the rest is pretty much mech keyboard level, but recently i thought about modding it, or just replace it maybe with the new corsair RGB k70, ofc not for the RGB light.

Headset: Sennheiser PC350SE, well not much to say, Sennheiser quality, very good quality mic, very high quality braided 3m of cable, with no volume wheel or similar things on it, and this will probably help, since that thing is one of the main reasons cheaper headsets break down in some months or a year, often. Due to their not usual impedance (150ohm) i had to buy an audio card (Sound Blaster Z) which has a built-in amplifier that amplifies up to 600ohm, to drive the headphones, and make the audio sound far better with an average higher volume

Last edited by rockie,

.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

just got me a g402 hyperion fury cuz my fk1 gave up on tracking when i started wiping it around (rocket jumping or sick 180° meatshots or whatever, extreme low-senser here)

so far the only complaint id have would be the buttons which are actuated too easily for me (which were supposed to be some super fast click buttons or something, that however works well if you need to)

i managed to overstrain the optical sensor alone with the fusion engine turned off
(starts cracking @about 3 m/s, im at 4 without, and 4,3 with it)

but keeping it on seems to work fine so far, didnt really expect much, as long as im not suddenly staring into the ground after a quick turn its fine

konr

Quoted from torden

Nice, thanks for all the responses with this! Funny about mice, a while back it seemed it was all about deathadder vs xai vs 518. Half the posts here so far are Zowies.

Konr, how comes you changed keyboards?

The 6GV2 I was using was actually just one I was borrowing from a friend I was living with, and when I moved I bought the Tt MEKA.

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

Quoted from torden

[…]

I still have fond memories of playing prem with 25fps maxed graphics, mouse accel at half a cm for a 360, and a crappy table stand mic – which apparantly made it sound like I was maincalling from the toilet next door.

I have fond memories of that mic too, mæhæhæ.

Setup:
Mouse – g400 (allways used mx518, so that was natural for me)

I dont really care about keyboards. But I do think the flashy ones with a billion colour setting are stupid, and over prized. Mechanical keyboards look nice though.

Headset – Qpad Qh-1339. Had them for years, and they are still going strong. Nice comfort and good mic, can also take a beating.

Mousepad – Qck heavy (steelseries)

konr

Another thing to note is that in games like LoL, Dota 2 and SC2 players will much more often actually use the mice/equipment their sponsors give them. At least compared to an FPS where they absolutely need to be comfortable with their aim more than anything it really isn’t the same in a MOBA or RTS. A player can use the sponsor’s mouse and get pretty much the same a lot easier than they can change a mouse and have the same aim as they did with their old trusty mouse they may have used for years.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »