Forum

120hz vs 144hz monitor

Created 12th October 2014 @ 14:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Ch3Vy

FjK

So what I want to know is, is there any difference between them why I should get for an example the 144hz monitor rather than 120hz.
I main demo (if that makes any difference)
Thanks in advance :)

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

144hz, while inherently better than 120hz gives rather diminishing returns. However the panels themselves are significantly better, I found games to look smoother on my XL2411T than on my old viewsonic 120hz. Also Lightboost is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

konr

You basically want to get as much smoothness and as little blur as you can, and the newer monitors that use the panels that can go up to 144hz usually support lightboost, which gives you as close as you’re going to get to that without a CRT. That being said, it’s also better even when you are using 144hz and not using lightboost when compared to older 120hz monitors.

Unfortunately it still isn’t close to how great a CRT is. I miss mine :(

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Lightboost = 4ms input lag, things slightly sharper in motion. Totally preference.

Grenja

I personally use 144Hz instead of 120Hz with lightboost; prefer it, but I do think anything above 120Hz seems like personal preference at this point.

rockie

60 hz master race

Setlet

I bought a 144hz for 200 euros. Although I see the difference, it’s hardly anything and doesn’t help me play better at all. I just can’t understand people who demand high hz monitors or otherwise they won’t play at all (some of the LAN threads I’ve looked at).

Waste of money IMO. Just stick to 60hz.

fkp

Quoted from Setlet

I bought a 144hz for 200 euros. Although I see the difference, it’s hardly anything and doesn’t help me play better at all. I just can’t understand people who demand high hz monitors or otherwise they won’t play at all (some of the LAN threads I’ve looked at).

for people with scout/sniper mains, difference between 60 hz and 120-144 is very noticeble.

MARIANO

Quoted from Setlet

Said by a guy who never played at 120-144hz…

http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates&count=3&background=stars&pps=960

Last edited by MARIANO,

AnimaL

Quoted from Setlet

30fps is more cinematic

irfx

EPA

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]30fps is more cinematic

A HUMAN EYE CANT COMPREHEND ANYTHING ABOVE 24 FPS!!11

This monitors have only very good team

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from kindred

Lightboost = 4ms input lag, things slightly sharper in motion. Totally preference.

Implying anyone would notice 4ms more input lag

HarZe

Quoted from Rake

144hz, while inherently better than 120hz gives rather diminishing returns. However the panels themselves are significantly better, I found games to look smoother on my XL2411T than on my old viewsonic 120hz. Also Lightboost is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I also own XL2411T and tried other 100Hz and 120Hz monitors, above 100Hz, and I must say: you have to stop worrying about getting more Hertzs and begin worrying about response time, ghosting, etc… Because >100Hz is perfectly fine for demoman (my main class).

I recommend you XL2411T, a bit expensive, but worth it (no ghosting, ~10ms response time, lightboost).

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from sidestep

[…]

it’s actually quite noticable because it’s practically 4ms mouse lag which makes aiming feel more sluggish

Last edited by ondkaja,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from sidestep

[…]

implying implications

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »