Forum

Quake live steam version

Created 20th September 2014 @ 18:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Svennebanan

any1 tried it out yet?
what do you think of the changes made to the game, with the loadouts+timers etc?

I honestly think its a good step in keeping the game alive since you need less map knowledge to do OK, since you get 2 decent weapons from the start albeit with low ammunition. That said I do understand the opinion that it takes a bit away from the game since rotating on time becomes easier as you get HUD icons when things like quad damage are about to spawn.

rot

new gun is shit but fun
i only play duels and CA so idk about loadouts
new VO sucks

droso

o/

As long as they keep their retarded business model, game is gonna stay dead anyway.

Angel

You can unlink Quake Acc from Steam with very quick and friendly Quake Live Billing Support .

Personally I had some issues with yearly Quake subscription in Steam and unlinking solved all these problems. Probably you have other reasons to do unlinking.

P.S. An idea to attract hat-fapping community in Quake isn’t very smart decision imho.

Meeto

New announcer, 0/10 would not gift my son for his birthday.

STOGE

TDP

I think the changes they’ve made are definitely gonna do good for the games player base, but they bring the game down at the same time. Quake is renowned for being a skill based game, even the basics like moving around take skill, yet you can now do it with a single button and a rough knowledge of the map. I do actually think the changes are somewhat good though as I’m sure they will (and have) attracted new players, but at the same time I can’t stop seeing them as a crutch. All I play is CA and Duels anyway so they don’t really affect me. Also new announcer can GTFO.

Oh yeah and the timer stuff, I think that was one of the best implementations, but I can see why it’s gonna ’cause some outrage amongst serious comp players that have memorized the times and what-not.

Last edited by STOGE,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from STOGE

I think the changes they’ve made are definitely gonna do good for the games player base, but they bring the game down at the same time. Quake is renowned for being a skill based game, even the basics like moving around take skill, yet you can now do it with a single button and a rough knowledge of the map.

People who play Quake to compete in levels of mechanical skill play CPMA.

Duel is the only gamemode that matters anyway, and nothing big has changed there except the LG nerf.

Last edited by skeej,

Marty

lala

i just started playing and its fun, glad its free

they copied the original from tf2 though, but i really like the lightning gun

Quoted from Marty

they copied the original from tf2 though

Oh Marty. :D

Bathory

He is joking, right ?

CHERRY

Quoted from Marty

i just started playing and its fun, glad its free

they copied the original from tf2 though, but i really like the lightning gun

Did you even see pipes? TF2 was around for 7 years with it and even this didn’t stop them from stealing grenade launcher..

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

the loadouts has done very little tbh, skilled players will always get the items, beginners just get a fighting chance. Public play is still fun, If you complain about the loadouts then public play probably isnt for u.

rockie

nice troll attempt

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Marty just made the post of the week.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

PQL movement CA on dm6 is still fun as fuck. Altho that one guy only walking and having <20% acc while using rail 80% of the time is not fun to spectate.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »