Forum

That damn FPS optical mouse spinning problem

Created 30th August 2014 @ 17:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1

STOGE

TDP

Does anyone know what I’m talking about? You’re playing Counter-Strike or TF2, you hear someone coming up on your right and you spin your mouse to face them …

And then suddenly you’re looking straight down at your feet (or sometimes at the sky) and you’re spinning around like a fucking merry go round.

What causes this? Has anyone who’s experienced this before found a mouse that solves this problem?

I feel like I can’t play TF2 and need a new mouse, BADLY, because of this specific issue, despite the fact the one I’m using now I literally got last week.

EDITED: I looked it up and apparently it’s due to the surface, but the mousemat I’m using is entirely new as well and is only a week old.

Last edited by STOGE,

rytis

PrettyGay

what mouse have you got?

STOGE

TDP

Quoted from rytis

what mouse have you got?

Right now a Logitech m100 (because I don’t like emptying £1000000000 into mouses)

EmilioEstevez

GG

You are probably moving the mouse faster than it can track accurately. You need to buy a good mouse with a better sensor. Also could be caused by dust/hair on the sensor.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

STOGE

TDP

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

You are probably moving the mouse faster than it can track accurately. You need to buy a good mouse with a better sensor. Also could be caused by dust/hair on the sensor.

I find dust/hair unlikely as both the mouse and the mat are only like a few days old.

Add A Reply Pages: 1