Forum

Gimme some movie recommendations

Created 28th August 2014 @ 02:01

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

I’m working night shifts for the past few months, and was wondering if any of you guys/girls have any movie recommendations? I’m looking for something gritty, dark, with excellent acting and good scripts.

I’m not looking for comedies or kind of movies with that alapaca dude, nothing of that sort. I need good thrillers, SciFi, dramas, noir etc.

Any tips? I’m open to older classics, and I generally don’t care if it aint’ in English.

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Shutter Island?

Croogah

Kad već pitaš:

Jacob’s Ladder
Rope (1948, personal fav of Hitchcock )
The Devil’s Rejects

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

The Grand Budapest Hotel (you might say you don’t like comedies, but it’s a great film nonetheless)
I’ve been meaning to see the Wolf of Wall Street for a while now, heard good things about it.
Any Quentin Tarantino movie.
I liked Atlantis: The Lost Empire a lot.
Serenity (if you’re a fan of Firefly).
Forrest Gump.
The Matrix
2001: A Space Odyssey
District 9
The Thing
Mad Max
The Expendables
Inglorious Basterds
Sin City

Last edited by Freakie,

Bery

Seizs
LoL

reservoir dogs >:)
also
Inception
The Road
Drive

Last edited by Bery,

frixx

LG

All movies made by Tarantino

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from Freakie

I’ve been meaning to see the Wolf of Wall Street for a while now, heard good things about it.

3 hours of FUCK FUCKING CRACK CASHFLOW LEONARDO MUNCHING PILLS STACK PAPERS BETTER RECOGNIZE A TRUE AMERICAN NICE LAMBORGHINI NO BUGATTI YOU ONLY WEAR NICE SUITS ONCE

great film tho

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

What do you do? I’d love to be able to watch movies at work.

Sarah

snowpiercer

Tuto

8-)

If you’re looking for movies with an amazing storyline and alot of feels, these are fucking perfect. Some of my favourite ones.

I Am Legend
Million Dollar Baby
Gran Torino
Se7en

Now enough of my favourie movies, these are really cool too

Limitless
Unthinkable
Black Hawk Down
Inception
Kick-Ass 1 and 2
Project X
American Gangster
City of God
In Time
Into The Wild

There are alot more great movies that I probably missed, this is all I remember by heart, but prioritize these, you wont regret it. #1 movie enthusiast

Last edited by Tuto,

Herr_P

IKEA

If you’re into sci-fi and have the time to devote 3 hours to intense concentration then Stalker (Tarkovsky, 79) is amazing. Hands down the most profound movie I’ve seen and it was the first movie to really challenge the way I thought of movies (like …7-8 years ago, I’ve rewatched it regularly since)

Otherwise to get a few off the top of my head:
Moon
Metropolis (Once again, slow but amazing)
M (Fritz Lang’s finest movie, Peter Lorre is beyond amazing in it)
Primer is wonderfully confusing (and just a tiny bit arrogant about its own cleverness)
The Good, the Bad, the Weird is an amazing korean retelling of The Good The Bad The Ugly.
The Departed
Lucky Number Slevin
Enemy of the Earth (my most watched movie as an adult, like 15 times or something. Objectively it’s pretty shit but it charmed me)
Both Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch are so good.
eXistenZ is weirdly good and basically inception 10 years before inception.
Once upon a Time in America is in my eyes Sergio Leones greatest movie

I don’t know how much noir you’ve watched but you can’t really go wrong with the classics – Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, Double Indemnity, Citizen Kane etc (imdb got some pretty good lists for this kind of thing). Road to Perdition is an ok modern take on it and I saw something amazing last week that I honestly can’t remember the name of atm :x

edit: Oh yeah, if you want to watch a series then watch The Wire.

Last edited by Herr_P,

rockie

Quoted from frixx

All movies made by Tarantino

+10

Johnny

You should check imdb lists, they have the “official” top10 and stuff like that and then users playlists of what kind of movies. It really helped me a lot when I was on hospital bored as hell with no ideas for movies

robocop the original from the 80s i think
only god forgives (yes i have a man crush on ryan gosling)
and driver

Cckwzrd

who is?

You should maybe consider watching series as well, there are some awesome ones after all and they are perfect for killing time.

You probably know all of the mainstream series by the title at least but give them a try if you havent watched them yet.

such as

dexter
lost
prison break
breaking bad
house of cards

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »