Forum

ESL Cologne fantasy team

Created 13th August 2014 @ 15:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Sockx

;)

http://fantasy.eslgaming.com/

I’ve met this just in football and ice-hockey, but e-sport is going to punish it 8)

Gentleman Jon

I was thinking of doing something like this for ETF2L. Would anyone be interested?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Yes.

Bery

Seizs
LoL

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

I was thinking of doing something like this for ETF2L. Would anyone be interested?

would be fun

Sockx

;)

It would be awesome, but really hard to do for a league, as the matches are unstable (wildcards etc) and TF2 has more “factors” how to rate the gamers – in cs:go there are just kills – assists – death – more kills – won and lost rounds. For example just rating meds would be really hard as kills, assists and deaths aren’t same as in CS:GO and other FPS games.

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

my respect

Gentleman Jon

How would you expect to see players earn points?
Kills
Deaths
Assists
Captures
Ubers
?

It would probably have to be stuff you’d find in a logs.tf page.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

my favourite stat: damage / damage taken

Bren

Quoted from Sockx

It would be awesome, but really hard to do for a league, as the matches are unstable (wildcards etc) and TF2 has more “factors” how to rate the gamers – in cs:go there are just kills – assists – death – more kills – won and lost rounds. For example just rating meds would be really hard as kills, assists and deaths aren’t same as in CS:GO and other FPS games.

Even then there are complaints with this ESL system, I’m pretty new to the CS scene but from what my understanding is that it doesn’t reward choosing players in the support role, only entry fraggers and playmakers.

Sockx

;)

That’s right, for example friberg from NiP is often hated for bottomscoring and having bad K/D, but he’s doing all the supp work like searching where the enemies are and giving calls and that’s really important on high-level gaming.

Bulow

GG

Pretty sure someone on UGC did something like this last season for the NA Platinum division. It should be in General Discussion section on their forum somewhere.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Damage/Damage Taken / Heals Received

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from Sockx

That’s right, for example friberg from NiP is often hated for bottomscoring and having bad K/D, but he’s doing all the supp work like searching where the enemies are and giving calls and that’s really important on high-level gaming.

Would the point of fantasy tf2 be finding ways to reward players for positional play though? You wouldn’t have to pick someone for your team that you think will bottom score. Roaming soldiers would have a hard time getting picked I guess.

Add A Reply Pages: 1